surefire EB1 or E1D!

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
i have been thinking about getting a new surefire light to add to my collection lately!but i'm can't seem to make up my mind about witch one!as i can't afford both at this time,i like the looks of the E1D and its 300 lumen output,fact is i like every thing about the E1D,but the EB1 is about half the price but don't care for its smooth surface though!so you had to pick one! witch one would you get and please tell me why,its just to help me decide!as these things are not cheap you no,if you have any pic's that would be nice as well,lots of thanks guys.:candle:

tonkem

Enlightened
Would be more expensive to LEGO a light with the EB1 head, with another body, so my suggestion is the EB1, since it carries better IMHO. I have the 200 lumen EB1 and do not like the smooth surface, but it can be handled just fine. Or I remove the EB1 head and put it on the E1L body, for a single mode light, since I have the tactical version of the EB1. You can check out what this guy did: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-perfect-pocket-light-a-Surefire-Lego-project

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
I lego'd up an e1d head and tailcap on my old e1e body but I love the crenulations, knurling and tail stand ability it has as well as the 300 lumens it offers. I have also read a couple places that the e1d keeps its output longer/better than the eb1. But I can only speak for the e1d and e1b head and I definitley prefer my e1d. Sold off the smooth body and tailcap from the older e1b I had and now only have the head on a second e1e body lol, I didn't care for the smooth texture either. Good luck with the decision. I'm sure you'll be happy with a new Surefire either way.

Last edited:

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
that's what i was thinking! probably going to get the E1D for now and just buy the EB1 next year!hey'its all good stuff until the money runs out!until then i'm having fun shopping.:thumbsup: