Radio control car headlights

phillyb

Newly Enlightened
So been doing some scale offroading at night, and I got something similar to this from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cree-XM-L2-...726566?hash=item25899f93a6:g:kuoAAOSwyQtVwwCN and was wondering what would be the easiest way to power it from my main battery or something else, in order to get the best performance?

I have a 3 cell main battery for running the truck, so 11.1-12.6V from that, the radio runs off the speed controls 5V 3A BEC, and my servo runs off a 10A 7V seperate BEC. I tried some cool LED replacement bulbs for a car, that run on 12V so it was easy to just wire in. They dim under full throttle, since the speed control can pull up to 150A (with a different motor, not sure what this combo might pull but its probably alot lower) after the battery drops from being fully charged. I can add another battery, just to run these, but would need to know how big the battery would need to be in order to run a long time, say 4-5 hours max.

According to the specs on the LED I got it can take up to 4.2V and 3A?

scout24

Flashaholic
Welcome, six years in... I'm going to move this to the Café, instead of LED Flashlights. There are some folks here who are into R/C. I think you'll get some feedback on your lights fairly quickly.

phillyb

Newly Enlightened
No problem, thanks for approving this post! Been lurking on and off for 6 years, I guess!