Olight love affair..

A.O.

Newly Enlightened
Is OVER!!

So for a couple years I carried a Olight S 10 baton, it started to develop a problem however, if I turned it to "high" it would turn off.. sometimes in a minute or so, sometimes in seconds! I contacted Olight they said to send it in, gave me an RMA # so I sent it in.

Needed an EDC light so I ordered a S1 baton.. much smaller, liked it so much when I got it I ordered a spare.. one black one Titanium.

Now they seem to do the same, turn em on high, and you only have seconds before you are in the dark! You can pull the battery and put it back in and you are good to go again... well unless you turn it on high.. then you are in the dark!!

Ok, back to the original S10 baton.. My usps tracking shows it delivered to Olight front desk at 12:39 on 12/23/2015. I've sent several emails to them specifying the RMA # they gave me and have yet to get even a response from them, let alone my flasglight back!! Grrrr

Sorry bout the rant, but this is highly annoying to me!

So now the search is on for a replacement EDC light, small and bright, to fit in my pocket everyday, that is RELIABLE! Need something I can turn on that will continue to light my way for more than a couple seconds , and if needed a company that will actually back up their product. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes sir I did, even bought 4 more batteries, 2 varieties, and they all react the same. All Rechargeable RCR123's

Strange I have had that problem on my D25C clicky,works in low/medium then once high comes on a couple of seconds later in the dark,once battery is charged it stops but not exactly happy with such poor runtimes and, to be honest, it has put me off the 123 format for good.Sticking to AAA/AA and 18650 only in the future.

jeepchic55

Newly Enlightened
Is this a common Olight issue? I was contemplating getting an S1 because I liked my S20R so much.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which Olight address did you send the light to the one in Georgia or the one in China? I know that their new Georgia warranty repair/US HQ is totally overwhelmed at the moment. Sucks to hear you had such issues with your Olights. All 4 of mine work flawlessly none are S series though all mine save for the R40 are 18650 lights.

A like size replacement is a tough one. ET has its small CR123/16340 lights that would be the closest I could think of. In terms of being as compact as possible I cannot say enough good things about the NC MH20 and ZL MkIII both of which are just as compact, both are thermally regulated and both take far higher capacity 18650's. Keep us posted....

ven

Flashaholic
D25C ti from eagtac are great little lights!!!

imo a very good holster too, nice and firm type for extra protection Would maybe look for a nichia 219 flavour for the tint/rendition.

A.O.

Newly Enlightened
Which Olight address did you send the light to the one in Georgia or the one in China? I know that their new Georgia warranty repair/US HQ is totally overwhelmed at the moment. Sucks to hear you had such issues with your Olights. All 4 of mine work flawlessly none are S series though all mine save for the R40 are 18650 lights.

A like size replacement is a tough one. ET has its small CR123/16340 lights that would be the closest I could think of. In terms of being as compact as possible I cannot say enough good things about the NC MH20 and ZL MkIII both of which are just as compact, both are thermally regulated and both take far higher capacity 18650's. Keep us posted....

Sent to Smyrna Georgia.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay Smyrna. GoingGear and Olights new HQ are literally right next to each other. GG has better insight into Olight than any other retailer. Marshall, the owner of GG, has posted here more than once about the new Olight facility having just recently started began warranty work and that they have quite a backlog of work to do. It has been months since he posted those details at the time the average turn around time for warranty work was up to two months. I do not know if they are still swamped like that or not. Freaking sucks about your Olights man these things are not cheap. The issue you had with them just sounds strange. All that being said whenever I buy an Olight it is from GG. Should I have an issue it will be GG staying on top of Olight next door to get it done instead of Olight CS. Those ET D25's are pretty sweet. I have 13 ET's never had an issue with any of them. D25 is just to small and low power for me but I am sure they are solid. Keep us posted...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
It's a bit worrisome if a warranty facility has a long backlog. But on the positive at least he didn't have to mail it to China.

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
That sounds exactly like what my S1 and S10 did on my old 16340s. Bought new (olight brand) ones and they've been fine. Kind of odd.
Another note- curious about the GG Olight being next to each other. I live close (might go this weekend) but didn't remember any locations near it that would be likely. Hm.

ven

Flashaholic
I do love my Fenix TK75!

Me too, one of the best models from Fenix if not the best imo...............

Love the pd35 too, more so in vn quad form

Touch big for most edc uses, kind of borderline.

Back to small............
s2+ in 18350 form and the v11r

Couple of smaller light options.........

A.O.

Newly Enlightened
That sounds exactly like what my S1 and S10 did on my old 16340s. Bought new (olight brand) ones and they've been fine. Kind of odd.
Another note- curious about the GG Olight being next to each other. I live close (might go this weekend) but didn't remember any locations near it that would be likely. Hm.

I DID buy new batteries for just that reason, no change unfortunately...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Yup the OP established batteries aren't the issue. When you get the lights back let us know how it works out.

Edit. Forgot to recomement a EDC.

What about a ZL? Have a SC5w and so far it works. That or a little Quark. Never really had a problem with those either though personally I am staying away from the smart quarks for now.

Last edited: