Eagletac D25LC2 Nichia - Does it have overdischarge protection?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking for an 18650 Nichia 219 light that has a little more lumen kick than your typical Nichia 219 light. And at 420 LED/300 OTF lumens, the Eagletac seems to fit the bill well in the 18650 form factor. But one thing that I cannot find ANYWHERE is any indication whether this light has low voltage protection? Does anyone have this light (perhaps even without the Nichia)? Does it actually NOT have overdischarge protection?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to their website: "All batteries must have protruding top button. All rechargeable li-ion batteries (e.g. RCR123A and 18650) should be equipped with internal protection circuit against over-charge,over-discharge, and short circuit." Which I presume to not having any protections. Of course it is not explicit but I run protected cells in mine just because of this.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't really need it as it will not run on the higher levels like turbo once the battery starts getting low. Not to mention any protected cell also has over discharge protection and will cut out long before any unsafe discharge level can be reached.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the lights are not protected but they work with protected 18650
the ansi lumen with Nichia is 204 (not counting turbo)
here is an extensive review if you have not seen it yet
note that it does not technically use PWM, but it does use Pulses that selfbuilt calls "circuit noise"
happy shopping