The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Nitecore buttons

Flashaholic

Default Nitecore buttons

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in a couple of the Nitecore models, particularly the ec4sw. I'm wondering how the rubberized buttons hold up. Does the rubber break down after a year or two? What has been on your experience?

Default Re: Nitecore buttons

Quote Originally Posted by trojansteel View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in a couple of the Nitecore models, particularly the ec4sw. I'm wondering how the rubberized buttons hold up. Does the rubber break down after a year or two? What has been on your experience?
    You're asking if the rubber breaks down after a year or two?...How long it has been since the EC4SW came out?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LAMPARITA View Post
    You're asking if the rubber breaks down after a year or two?...How long it has been since the EC4SW came out?
    It looks like the same rubber button configuration found on several of their lights.

I spoke with our warranty service department and the rubber button is a very uncommon repair. Obviously a lot of factors such as how your light is used and cared for can have in impact, but as a whole, the rubber modes switches are made from a high quality, durable rubber and rarely wear out.

In the event that it does wear out, Nitecore lights are covered by a five year combined distributor and manufacturer warranty. Of the warranty cases we handle, 98% are serviced stateside and are often returned in less than 2 weeks.

Hope that answers your question!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by NitecoreStore View Post
    I spoke with our warranty service department and the rubber button is a very uncommon repair. Obviously a lot of factors such as how your light is used and cared for can have in impact, but as a whole, the rubber modes switches are made from a high quality, durable rubber and rarely wear out.

In the event that it does wear out, Nitecore lights are covered by a five year combined distributor and manufacturer warranty. Of the warranty cases we handle, 98% are serviced stateside and are often returned in less than 2 weeks.

Hope that answers your question!
    Thank you for your response!