Found!!!Need help to buy Fraen reflectors

Genna

Flashlight Enthusiast
!!!Found, thanks!!!!

I need the Fraen reflector FRC-N1-XR79-0R. Can someone please provide me with a link to a seller with the item in stock?
Even better would be within Europe.
I search with Google and at Arrow displays an error, if I want to add the reflectors to the shopping cart and Verical are 34 units MOQ. I need at first only 4-5 pieces as sample [emoji28]

Thanks for looking!
Genna

Last edited:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need help to buy Fraen reflectors

Hi, I am not sure if this is helpful or not, but here is what I found searching from the US.

Keep in mind, that I am using firefox on linux mint, so maybe it finds things in a different way. I think it uses either yahoo or duckduckgo as the search engine. I find that if you confine your searching to just one search engine, no matter which one, the results are not optimal. Google makes money from selling search results advertising, so they often show primarily results that they can make money from, not really "all" results.

I started out just doing a search on the part number, and they are available at Arrow in the US, but you do need an account to purchase them. I was able to put just 1 each in the cart and go on to the purchase info pages (but at that point, a login is required). I don't remember if I have an arrow account anymore or not, so I didn't try logging in.

Octapart shows 3-4 suppliers, and all of them worked when I tried their shopping cart.

I also tested going in from the Fraen web site and distributors: http://fraen.org/optics/distributors/

Future does not have any stock, in the US or the EU.

Arrow has stock in the US, but not in the EU.

None of the other EU distributor listed on the Fraen web site are carrying the part.

A few years ago, there was a CPF member who was selling that P/N through the marketplace, and that also showed up in the search, but I didn't pursue it, because it was so long ago - no idea if that is still active or not.

You can also try calling Fraen and see who sells the part in the EU. There is some chance that they will send you a few samples directly from the factory if you appear to be a legitimate OEM. The parts themselves are quite inexpensive, around 1 - 1.5 Euro.

See what can be done with this info, and let us know if you need more help.

Last edited:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need help to buy Fraen reflectors

You'll have to keep us informed as to how this project goes. It sounds interesting!

I believe I've seen you on Flashlight Fanatics. Same image as your logo here.
~Daniel

Genna

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Daniel, yes you're right, I'm the same person [emoji6]

Okay, here a little update:

I call Fraen Italy (I'm italian) and unfortunately they can't help me with modified reflectors. I must modify the reflector itself.

After registered me at Arrows the basket works, but $12 reflectors and $41 shipping cost makes no sense.

Now a great member, that lives in the US, buy the reflectors and send it to me...

Last edited: