• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD- 1D mag mod for sale -price reduced $70

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Last Christmas my little sister asked what I wanted for a gift. I mentioned I could always use a maglite so she sent along a 3D black incan mag. The 3D is really only good for chopping so chop it I did. Since modding and selling mags is what I do with spare time in the winter, my Christmas gift is going up for sale.

100_3221_zpspitldfen.jpg

100_3222_zpszgvrvkpn.jpg

This mag was chopped and re-joined via the human lathe method and the seam came out nearly perfect. After the JB weld had set I took the tube out to the garage and used a 35mm hole saw to bore the tube to accept 4AA in a holder.

100_3228_zps63nkycie.jpg
100_3233_zpsg0pneced.jpg

Since commercial low resistance 4AA holders don't exist in the wild I replaced the junk springs and metal bits in a cheap version with good springs soldered to copper.

100_3231_zps6kdlsyyb.jpg

The tail spring has been cut in two pieces and re-formed (bent) so the top fits snugly in the base of the cap while the top was shaped to make contact with the center of the battery holder. The spring inside the tailcap is for folks who might want to discard my nice battery holder and use a 26700 or something. Just pop the top spring out and you're good to go with the long cell.

100_3229_zpstmqnwrhn.jpg

The light engine consists of an XP-L V6 3D on noctigon thermally adhered to a copper-wrapped aluminum heatsink. The driver is a single sided FET driver flashed with ramping (Ferro Rocher by Toykeeper of BLF) firmware which is accessed by a momentary switch. From off, a single short click turns the light on in the last mode used, a long press turns the light on in the lowest mode, or a double click turns the light on in the highest setting. From on, press and hold ramps up. An immediate release and hold reverse ramps. A quick click from any light level turns the light off. Best E switch UI ever!

The emitter sees about 5 amps on high from a decent 26650 and six amps from freshly charged Eneloops for around 1400-1600 OTF lumens (based on tests by Djozz). Batteries are not included. The reflector is a stippled SST-50 aluminum reflector available from many Chinese vendors and the lens is the borofloat unit from flashlightlens.com.

100_3224_zps8gaf6yph.jpg

Beamshot is 60 yards to the sugar house.

SST%2050%20reflector%20with%205a%20XPL_zpslzbh8dqm.jpg

Price including CONUS shipping is $70. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Re: 1D mag mod for sale -price reduced $70

Bump for price reduction.

nbp

Flashaholic

Man, that is an awesome build at a crazy good price. Very tempting indeed.

1pt21

Enlightened

I always thought that mag should make a 1D.

Therefore, I'll Take It!