Surefire U2 5watt flashlight

ftumch33

Enlightened
I just read on another forum that Surefire is going to release another 5watter with selectable brightness levels in a black-hard anodized finish later this year. Anyone else hear about this?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

ftumch33,
This is correct - TW has them on order! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

I agree - This light is what we've been wanting for a very long time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooo. 5W with adjustable levels. I wonder what beam pattern will be? L4 or more like L5/6? I wonder how many levels it will have? Close up/~1w/full power? or just 2.
Black HA is very sexy. I like the matt flat black look to it.

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
I do know this, they will be of the 6p/Z2 body style, not the smaller E2e style. I spoke with a Surefire Law Enforcement rep today, and he stated this, but did not know anything else. I asked for a picture, and he paused for about 20/30 seconds then stated "no". I suspect he was looking it up in the computer!!!!!!

Kiu

Enlightened
Oh.
I would sure-pay for this surefire if it is in L4 size. But it seems that isn't..as Eagle1 said in 6P style

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend has a 6P and it is very small. Very short. I guess e2e's are even smaller? Everything seems big to me on the computer. Luxeons always surprise me when I look at them in real life. I'm like wow, that's small.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I have held out on the 5W lights waiting for a dimmable one. A 5W version of the A2 would be wonderful. I sure hope it will fit Li-Ion rechargeables.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Pity they aren't making it in the L4 size, but I'd bet they will. I'd guess the initial model is marketed for LE/armed forces, but there will certainly be a market for it in the smaller L4 size.

We'll probably have to wait at least a year, knowing how SureFire announces products far, far in advance of their availability. And since SF hasn't even announced a variable output L4 size light, it's going to be a long, long wait!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif