Multi-mode P60 for use with primaries in SF 9P (9 Volt)

calviroman

Newly Enlightened
Good Afternoon,

I have several SF 9P lights that currently all have single mode Malkoff drop ins. The application I use them for really requires a multi mode light, and just a L-M-H would be fine. To my knowledge, Gene does not plan on making any tri-mode 9V tolerant drop ins. I prefer to use primaries which drives the 9V requirement. High reliability and drop tolerance is greatly important and price is not an issue so long as the drop in is under $100.

Are there any "off the shelf" solutions for high-reliability multi-mode 9V P60 drop ins or do I need to engage with a custom P60 builder such as NB or Vinh? Thank you.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory makes a 3.7-13v XP-G2 drop in in either Neutral White or 90+ CRI. Right now their web page is showing only a single mode version, but they used to have a nice triple mode as well. I would drop a note to [email protected] and ask if and/or when they will be available again. He's one of us, and will do his best to set you up if he can. I have two of his lamp modules and love them. They are listed at $28 + a small shipping charge, and are definitely worth the money.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Timothybil above, and Mark is awesome with suggestions to solve almost any problem. I have always had excellent performance by their products and the one time I had an issue their customer service was excellent.

I just deleted the second part to this post-I referenced a 3 stage Malkoff drop-in, but it was not rated for 9 volts-oops.

Last edited:

calviroman

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the recommendation. I'll contact LF and see what they think about doing a multi mode 9V P60

texas cop

Enlightened