Had a good opportunity to use some lights today...

Triburst1

Newly Enlightened
Went on a family trip to Mammoth Cave today. If being in there when they turn off the lights doesn't make one realize the importance of quality lights I don't know what would. I carried a new Surefire Lego light and a Streamlight Microstream, my wife had a Surefire L4 and my 6 year old son had a Streamlight ProPolymer. We also had a trio of Princetontec Quad Tacticals in a small pack just in case.

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like you were well prepared. I constantly look for reasons to use my lights and love when the opportunity arises.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures??
I did Mammoth as a kid. Wish I could go back now. How many spare batteries did u carry? I would have been packing several.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome! I've always wanted to go there. :)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been years since I've been to mammoth cave and I'd like to go back soon. Sounds like you had a great time there!

Not sure where you are located by Carter Caves in the northeast part of Kentucky actually offers a flashlight tour. You provide your own lights and you tour the cave by flashlight. I have tried for a couple of years to get a group of cpf members to go but no luck.