Ikea New rechargeable batteries and charger

X_dead3

Newly Enlightened
Hi there !

I was looking on the web for some rechargeable batteries and I found that Ikea is now selling new batteries in my country (france)

http://www.ikea.com/fr/fr/catalog/categories/departments/lighting/35165/

It look also new on the US store http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=Batteries+%26+chargers

It seems that they have 2 kind : High capacity and low capacity (last longer)

They also offer a new kind of charger "Storhögen" for 12 AA/AAA

My question is: what's your opinion of this stuff? Could it be a good option for cheap?

Also, what can i expect in term of discharge rate when not used?

Thank a lot guys!

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ikea New rechargeable batterries and charger

Price on the Alkaline,s is good on the UK site. Happy days will pick some up next time in Warrington.

tripplec

Enlightened

Not on the Canadian Site though. Oh well, but noticed their 12 cell charger but there aren't any spec's with it. But 12 cell all separate channels they say.

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened

Actually, I'm a bit disappointed by this change. OK, there are now high capacity AA cells at 2450 mAh, but they have jumped up in price by at least 30% to € 6,50. And they are only rated at 500 charge cycles while the previous 2000 mAh cells proved more durable than that in a cycle test. The other end is now AA cells at 1000 mAh, so that's only half the previous capacity at a bit lower price.

Anyway... the 2450 mAh cells have specs suspiciously like Eneloop Pro's. Sadly you can only see them from the side at the webpage, and you don't see which country they were made in (Japanese Ladda anyone?)

keithy

Enlightened

Thanks for the links!

Interesting they come out with a lower capacity version as well.

I wonder if they changed supplier or just the branding design.

In Australia, we have these Laddas currently. The older one was all green and not LSD, but these silver and green ones are definitely LSD
ladda-rechargeable-battery__0178829_PE331654_S4.JPG

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/00240585/

They are also marked "ready to use" and are 2000mAh AAs and the 750mAh AAAs. From my testing they are usually higher than the stated capacity - the 2000mAh AAs are around 2100 mAh, and the AAAs are between 800-900mAh.

They are also LSD. After about 6 months, my test set of AAs lost about 20%. I forgot to do the 12 month test.

I hope the new ones come to Australia, but our Ikea is a bit slow in getting some products. We changed from the older non-LSD Ladda batteries only about 1-2 years ago.

I like the look of the new 2xAA USB charger

vinninge-chargeur-de-piles__0410725_PE582399_S4.JPG

http://www.ikea.com/fr/fr/catalog/products/40303632/

I'm always looking for USB chargers to use with my portable solar panels. But the manual says that for 2450mAh AAs, it will take 12 hours to charge, so is also quite a slow charger.

Hopefully that VINNINGE model also comes to Australia and I can test it out.

X_dead3

Newly Enlightened

Hell yeah 12 hours that is sooooo long! Which portable solar panel do you have? i'm also intested in buying one

Yesterday i kept searching informations on the new ikea batteries and i found this thread:

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/910897#comment-910897

Of what they say there is a good chance fujitsu, eneloop and ladda batteries come from the same factory....

So maybe a good opportunity!

keithy

Enlightened

Hell yeah 12 hours that is sooooo long! Which portable solar panel do you have?\

I have a few USB solar panels:

• Goal Zero Nomad 7W (2012 model)
  • Goal Zero Nomad 13W (2012 model)
  • Instapark Mercury 10W
and two recent lighter weight panels

• Sunkingdom 6.5W
  • Blitzwolf 20W

The newer ones I mentioned in this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ion-Thoughts&p=4848366&viewfull=1#post4848366

I mainly use them when camping/hiking.

Thanks for the link to BLF thread on the new Ikea Ladda. It is cool that they could be cheap Eneloop pros. Especially for us in Australia as we only get the Chinese Made Eneloops now.

Kurt_Woloch

Enlightened

OK, so they are indeed made in Japan... and from what I know, FDK is the only Japanese manufacturer of LSD batteries, so I'm pretty sure by now that these are the same cells as Amazon Basic Black, "Duraloops", Eneloop Pro and black Fujitsu. For that they are really cheap... just wish they had a lower-capacity version rated at 2100 cycles as well. Because, being the same, they will probably yield the same cycle life, which unfortunately according to Power Me Up's tests is only a third of that of the old Ladda's.

kappa7

Newly Enlightened

They are indeed made in Japan.
I've see them at ikea Switzerland at 6.95Sfr the AA and 4.95SFr the AAA

2016_04_06_12_53_01.jpg

2016_04_06_12_53_33.jpg

stephenk

Enlightened

This is great news for Australians in our FDK Eneloop free country. Of course, it'll probably taken ages for Ikea to start selling these in Australia!

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

Went to IKEA and bought these...
IKEA_LADDA_Japan_LSD.jpg

these are made in Japan according to packaging and on battery. did a quick physical comparisons with Eneloop Pro, these do look and feel like Eneloop Pro.
they are going at less than half the price of Eneloop Pro retailed.

tripplec

Enlightened
Looks like they've hit Canada now. Although higher price it still cheaper than others.

Hmm It seems I cannot attach a photo or paste one. Oh well..

OK I SEE THE PROBLEM AND IS AS LISTED BELOW.
  • So WHY can I NOT be allowed to post attachments. I am not a nubbie!!! My profile has it turned off as you see below.

• You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

Last edited:

keithy

Enlightened
Thanks for the comparison pics! Really hope they come to Australia soon..

It only took our Ikeas about 2 years to get the LSD green/silver Laddas in stock after you guys in Europe had them! And even then they were trying sneaky things to sell the old non-LSD all green Laddas at my local Ikeas in Melbourne - they hid the new LSD ones on bottom shelves behind old battery boxes and had the older non-LSD which were more expensive than the new LSD ones on the top shelves.

Latest posts