ThruNite Ti Hi (XP-L HI | 1 x AAA) in-depth vid review

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
A belated in-depth vid review (includes runtime and beam measurement) of ThruNite's follow up to last year's Ti Ltd. X-Mas Edition light but this time with the XP-L HI emitter:

===
Disclosure: Ti Hi provided by ThruNite for review.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good review !

As much as I enjoy the new emitter allowing a larger peak beam intensity and tighter hot-spot, there isn't a chance that I would trade this for the normal Ti3/TiS. The firefly and low are comparable but...

The Ti3 on high at 120L, run time of 1 hour.
The Ti Hi on high at 120L run time of 30 mins.

To me double the run time on high with a light this small is huge.

Variety is the spice of life though and I am sure there are people that are after the different beam attributes, just like there are those that like AAA lights to EDC as you had mentioned in your review .

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stellar review thank you! The twisty UI would drive me up the wall though. Happy to see it is another solid performer from Thrunite but would rather have the runtime of the original.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@LeanBurn - Thx! Energy density is precisely why I've never really been a big fan of the AAA form factor.

@CelticCross74 - I'm not a big fan of twisties either... ;o) As much as I've enjoyed the Ti for it's nice floody beam profile and it's versatility as an IDC with the Firefly mode, the Pelican 1910 I reviewed a while back was probably one of the first 1xAAA lights I could see myself EDC'ing but mainly because it had a tail switch.

Latest posts