Oh no! Scratch in Arc LSH-P lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
Must have come from a key or something!

Not the end of the world but still. Kind of disappointing like coming back to your car in the lot and someone has keyed it or put a ding in your door!

Is there a chance of getting a pyrex lens in any ARC LS product???! That's something I enjoy on my L4. The lens shouldn't get scratched ever.

A sapphire lens would be ideal but probably too expensive.

Cheers!

kaseri

Enlightened
I'd be willing to spend the extra cash on a sapphire lens if it were a factory option.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
depending on how deep the scratch it, a little toothpaste should be able to gently buff it out.

Just a thought.

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
[ QUOTE ]
depending on how deep the scratch it, a little toothpaste should be able to gently buff it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that and yes it's less noticeable but still there.

Ironically, I noticed this when I used the light in the shower! We have no emergency lights in the rain locker and the power system is straining with the ice amongst other things so I leave the arc hanging from the shower standpipe. The beam looks cool in the steam too!

Cheers!

nexro

Enlightened
I wish I could replace the lens in my LSL-ST and LSHF with one of the UCL lens from flashlightlens.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cynix

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know how scratch-proof the arc4+ lens is? i wanna peel the protecting film off but don't wanna see scratches everywhere. thanks.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
its about as scratchproof as another other lexan lens, e.g. those on surefires or maglites /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.