Prometheus        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire Hellfighter5

Default Re: Surefire Hellfighter5

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Great video of vaporware! The Lemax Superpower will make it the top trio of all time.

Gotta love the Lupines also.....
    I do have quite a few Lupine Lights also to include 3 different models of the 4500 and 5000 lumen Betty's as well as several of the flash lights also. As i said before, as soon as this guy overseas and i can come to terms on method of payment, i will be snagging one...
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Sorry to say their are a few high priority items ahead of it!
    There is plenty in stock at Surefire, when you are ready to snag one.. I am just waiting on my case and proper surefire hellfighter charger. You get the barebones minimum now when buying a Hellfighter..
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Surefire does NOT provide you with a dedicated battery charger for the Hellfighter5 and they finally had a production run of them as i have been waiting quite sometime. Arrived today..

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/163617999

So far so good with this Hellfighter5. Great to take the dog out with early in the mornings but draws lots of attention when i aim it up in the air...Great light in my opinion..Anyone else snag one of these yet?

Anyone else here yet besides me that stepped up to the plate and purchased the new Surefire Hellfighter5 yet..? I see lots of chatter about all the older models but yet to hear anything about the new self contained Hellfighter5?

So early this am I thought I would try out the Hellfighter5 for the first time since i bought it and ran it for about 72 minutes before the battery ran out on me. All is fine but noticed that a small round mark about the size of a dime appears on the front lens. Looks to be almost frosted in color and wondering if there should be any discoloration on the front lens from use..? Hmmmmm

OK i must have been seeing things as after about 30 minutes or so it disappeared all together. ! Hmm not sure what that was all about buy anyways all is good with my lovely HELLFIGHTER5 ! I also wonder about all the talk and interest in Hellfighter's that no one really has stepped up to the plate to add the NEWEST VERSION..?

Mein gott im himmel!

I'd love to get one... If only it didn't cost over 5x what I paid for my car...!

I've always loved the hell fighters, super cool looking lights, and now that it's self contained even more appealing.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see some pics outside!

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    So early this am I thought I would try out the Hellfighter5 for the first time since i bought it and ran it for about 72 minutes before the battery ran out on me. All is fine but noticed that a small round mark about the size of a dime appears on the front lens. Looks to be almost frosted in color and wondering if there should be any discoloration on the front lens from use..? Hmmmmm
    A little condensation possibly?

A little condensation possibly?
    Most likely. I see iy somewhat frequently on long runs.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Most likely. I see iy somewhat frequently on long runs.
    Yes that is exactly what it was as it vanished after about 20 minutes or so after i shut the light down. That is the first time i ever ran a light so long so had no idea..

Flashaholic*

Bulbmogul, you can insert desiccant packs into the light and they'll pull the humidity from the light. Leave them inside for a day or two and store the light that way.

If you've got access to a low temperature oven, remove the battery from the light and bake at 100-120f for a few hours and insert battery and close up the light. Do not bake with battery inside or exceed 120f.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNotAgain View Post
    Bulbmogul, you can insert desiccant packs into the light and they'll pull the humidity from the light. Leave them inside for a day or two and store the light that way.

If you've got access to a low temperature oven, remove the battery from the light and bake at 100-120f for a few hours and insert battery and close up the light. Do not bake with battery inside or exceed 120f.
    Don't think I will be tossing my $4500.00 H5 into a oven..!

What NoNotAgain is describing is more like one of those fruit dehydrators where there is a small heating element just to raise the temp a little and lower the humidity, and a fan to move the air around. Never gets up to more than around 120°.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothybil View Post
    What NoNotAgain is describing is more like one of those fruit dehydrators where there is a small heating element just to raise the temp a little and lower the humidity, and a fan to move the air around. Never gets up to more than around 120°.
    Only happened that one time and never again.. What i don't understand is why is there not more interest in the Surefire Hellfighter 5 HID Light..? This is one heck of a sweet light..!

Only happened that one time and never again.. What i don't understand is why is there not more interest in the Surefire Hellfighter 5 HID Light..? This is one heck of a sweet light..!
    Biggest reason is price and coming up with a good portable power supply. It also is a rather large light just to be carrying around. Not to many of us have large caliber guns that we need to mount a light on either. :-)
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

I was just now on the SUREFIRE WEBSITE and noticed the absence of a Hellfighter5. Can this light like the Arc2-8C be out of production? I never heard of anyone else here or pretty much anywhere ever talk about or show their Surefire Hellfighter5. Must be short lived and quite happy i got my hands on a brand new one..

From yer boastin' in yer postin'... Maybe you should get yourself a can or two of your 18K....no 24K Gold, redwood-tinted stain and a paintbrush and improve the appearance of your deck where the H5 has obviously done a grand job
    of stripping the paint! My, a USEFUL light and activity for you bm! I generally use my 2nd hand (They call him second-hand Karl....) Sears 22.65 watt "Basto-away" paint heat gun for such activities but then again, I'm not bm!

Karl
    Last edited by karlthev; 04-08-2018 at 07:08 PM.

This is the charger I had to purchase from Surefire to charge the Hellfighter5

WOW!!!

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    WOW!!!

Karl

Not many of these in the hands of collectors as they are not so budget friendly

"Budget friendly"????!! Shame, shame!!! Such foul words for one who sneers at thoughts of such verbiage as "on a budget", "discounted", and, (GASP!!) "two for one"!!!!! By the by....Did you....nah...get TWO for ONE!!!! Wadda deal!!!

Karl

No more HELLFIGHTER HID LIGHTS on the SUREFIRE WEBSITE..?

Guess all the deck paint removal jobs have been completed! Just in time for the Summer!

Karl

Flashaholic*

No more HELLFIGHTER HID LIGHTS on the SUREFIRE WEBSITE..?
    Possibly look a little further on Surefire's site and you'll find them. https://www.surefire.com/gear-recomm...=weapon-lights

https://www.surefire.com/illuminatio...heavy-gun.html

Hellfighter 4 lights are $6,299.

No listing for the Hellfighter 5.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNotAgain View Post
    Possibly look a little further on Surefire's site and you'll find them. https://www.surefire.com/gear-recomm...=weapon-lights

https://www.surefire.com/illuminatio...heavy-gun.html

Hellfighter 4 lights are $6,299.

Please link the HELLFIGHTER5 as I can not see it or I am blind..HAH 4 is old and was referring to the newest 5 model..

No listing for the Hellfighter 5.

Hey BM, some of the folks here, sledhead, scout24 and I (others to come?) are informally planning s field testing of some of our retina-burning lights. No doubt you'll need some insurance to drag your lights into the field but, give some consideration to showing up---be sure to bring the Hassey , Leicas and all the other goodies so we can record what we have both the "users" and, the "unobtainables"!! We'd all sure like ta meet ya!!

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Need a Light? View Post
    Mein gott im himmel!

I'd love to get one... If only it didn't cost over 5x what I paid for my car...!

I've always loved the hell fighters, super cool looking lights, and now that it's self contained even more appealing.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see some pics outside!
    I don't think its possible to buy a BNIB one anymore as they appear to have been removed from Surefire Website. Does not appear as they sold to many of these at all and best chance would be to search ebay for a used one..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12