Plans for Olight Javelot with XP-L HI?

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone heard if Olight has plans to update their Javelot products to use an XP-L HI or XHP35 HI or other similar factory domeless LED? I've been wanting to get a Javelot, but the reports of the bad tint on the Olight dedomed have kept me away. It only seems natural they'd upgrade the lights to use one of these factory HI LEDs.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Plans for Olight Javelot with XPL HI?

The Olight M3XS-UT Javelot is a dedomed XPL emitter. Olight describes it as a "customized" XPL.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

no there are no plans to upgrade to XHP35. Thought the emitters in my M2X was a Olight factory dedome XP-L and my M3XS an actual XP-L HI? The bigger Javelots sell as fast as Olight can make them. If there are XHP35 plans it is being kept private by Olight.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened

Are they using an XP-L HI on the M3XS now? That's what I'm looking for but their website states it uses a "Customized Cree XP-L LED".

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, the M3XS-UT has that dedomed led and it has a greenish tint. I have a number of throwers rated at 900-1500ms and it stands up to them very favourably. In reality, after a few seconds the tint looks fine to me and gives better perspective than the cooler white throwers. It's impressive, and I suspect that Olight are conservative with their cd ratings. If tint is an issue then it may not be the led for you. I am not sure on the XHP35.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened

Yes, the M3XS-UT has that dedomed led and it has a greenish tint...

I'm referring to the factory XP-L HI, not the Olight dedomed XP-L. The factory "domeless" LED is reported to have a more consistent tint than the custom modified "dedomed" equivalent.

I can understand that Javelot started using the custom modified LED before the HI version was available, but once the HI was released, it would make sense that they switch to using it - unless they have a huge stock of the LEDs they already modified.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

man the Javelot saga has been confusing as hell. The first batches of M2X were de domed by Olight XML2's from what I understand then Olight switched over to de doming XP-L HD's(I am going to assume XP-L HD V5?). Had to double check my serial number on the light to find out which emitter it has it is the de domed XP-L. It would be nice if Olight would list which XP-L they de domed but hey both the big Javelots are out standing. Read lots of complaints about either or both of the bigger Javelots having a green tint. Tint out of both my Javelots is near halogen like, extremely bright and both throw further than I can see. My SR52UT has a real XP-L HI emitter and puts out an amazing white tint it is the only XP-L HI light I have that has this white tint to it it is very impressive and like the Javelots throws further than I can see.

What Olight plans on doing only GoingGear would know as the US Olight HQ is right next to GoingGear in Smyrna Georgia. Olight seems to have bought up an awful lot of XP-L HD emitters to de dome so until they run out of those who knows? Doubt XHP35 will show up in either of the bigger Javelots. Maybe an even higher output and larger Javelot possibly? You can actually inquire with Olight they should respond in a day or two but I am sure you will get a "no plans at this time" response...

GoingGear.com

Enlightened

They are using a dedomed XP-L HD on the M3XS-UT because an XP-L HI will not give the same beam distance in that light. IIRC, the rest of the Javelot series (M2X, M23, S30R J, R20J, M20SX Javelot) and the SR52-UT are using XP-L HI on current runs.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are using a dedomed XP-L HD on the M3XS-UT because an XP-L HI will not give the same beam distance in that light.

That is true the dedomed XP-L HD will always throw further than XP-L HI. I modded my M3XS-UT with XP-L HI V2 1A and it doesn't throw as far; but i do now have the cool white tint that i want :)

Goodbye green tint :wave::green: