3AA BRINKMAN QUESTION

overland

Newly Enlightened

Join Date Apr 2016Posts 2
icon1.png
Brinkmann 3AA question

Reposting this as it is my first time being on any forum and was advised to go to the incandescent section...I've searched on this website looking for an upgrade solution but not found enough information. I decided to register and post to see if I'm lucky enough to be enLIGHTened. I purchased several brand new old stock Brinkman bi pin 3AA trimax flashlight's but not sure of the watts or voltage it has, the kind that look's like the mini mag 3AA but with a bi pin bulb instead of an led and need to know if the lumen's can be increased (without losing alot of runtime) by an inexpensive upgrade. There are bi pin bulb replacements advertised specifically for this brinkman that have 4.05 V listed on the package however it may be just a standard oem factory replacement for what's already in the flashlight. I've seen the 140 lumen bi pin led terralux for 2AA mini mag but not sure of the voltage compatibility or fit. Would it be possible to use 3 3.7V AA rechargeable batteries and is there a bi pin bulb that would handle them? Also, If there's anyone on this forum that can recommend an incandesent or led bi pin upgrade for this flashlight, kindly let me know. Thank's

Last edited:

overland

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised no one caught my error. I posted 2.7V AA of which I don't think their even made instead of posting 3.7V AA... I edited my post just now, Apologies to everyone as I'm a real novice at this.