Eagletac T25C2 XP-L Hi driver replacement question & mini review

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
I have been using my Eagletac T25C2 XP-L Hi for a month now and it's time to mess with it. I plan to replace the driver with the Mt Electronics 17mm Dr Jones Lucidrv2. I want the UI the Lucidrv2 offers. Has anyone taken apart the drop-in module? I would love to have some advice from someone with experience tearing into the module. I will have to make a mounting ring for the new driver because the stock driver is about 22mm I believe.

MINI-REVIEW
I love the host this flashlight provides. The size of the body is perfect and it fits in a pocket comfortably. The body doesn't have rough edges but it is still very secure to hold onto. The clicky is great: it has a nice smooth resistance and a good amount of travel.

The beam of this light is the WORST of any light I have. It must be the reflector to blame, because my other XP-L lights throw an excellent beam. The T25C2 beam has excellent throw, but it is hard to see through the rings of light/dark. I have to hold it as far away from my eyes as possible to look through the beam at an angle to see anything at a distance. I wonder if the smooth, narrow reflector is to blame? Anyway, I would love to upgrade the reflector.

This criticism only applies outdoors. Indoors or at short ranges the beam is fine.

Overall, I am happy with the light, but I have no reservations about tearing it apart to see what I can make from it.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
did you buy the T25C2 that came from the factory with the XP-L HI or did you buy the drop in? I bought the drop in and have had zero issues or complaints about it. No artifacts etc. The beam is amazing. Not sure how one would take apart the electronics. Hey if you can upgrade the light with the parts you mentioned I among others would love to see how you do it and the results of the build. Keep us posted

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
I finished modding my light and put some videos on YouTube. Search "modded eagletac t25c2" on YouTube and my disassembly/assembly video and my beamshots video should come up. The cat attacked us at the end!

The programmable driver is amazing and I am going to retrofit it to other lights.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finished modding my light and put some videos on YouTube. Search "modded eagletac t25c2" on YouTube and my disassembly/assembly video and my beamshots video should come up. The cat attacked us at the end!

The programmable driver is amazing and I am going to retrofit it to other lights.

Nice idea, I'm going to try it with my Olight M2X. LED mod to XP-L HI V2 1A and a programmable driver. Thanks

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
You should go for it. Tearing apart a light and making it yours is a great feeling! I always make a few mistakes, but it works out in the end. My build is not a thing of beauty and grace, but it is solid and it puts out a lot of light. The programmable driver is so awesome, because once your light is built you can continue to tweek the output. Have fun!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have messed up a few lights and LEDs. Sometimes it's pretty and simetimes it's functional. I messed up my 4Sevens X10 and destroyed a bit of the reflector. Eagle Eye Jay noticed at the CPF meet.

I hope I do a better job on the Olight M2X. I really don't like the green tint on mine :green::sick:

Looks like your T25C2 XP-L HI turned out well.