It was a looooong 23 day wait but.....

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

My new LUMINTOP AAA TOOL finally arrived after what seemed forever! In reality, the wait was only twenty three (23) day which only feels like a life time when one is a Flashaholic anticipating with bated breath the arrival of ones new Toy! Yes, I checked my Mail Box every day thinking today would be the day! Well, it finally happened! TODAY was the day! Long story short, I'm really digging this little light! This is my first every AAA Rear Clicky. I very much like the three modes of power.

GEARBEST. If one is NOT in a hurry to receive their item, I can NOW say, it was worth the wait! http://www.lumintop.com/wp-content/...-tool-aaa-xp-g-r5-aaa-review-runtimes-001.jpg

NOTICE! I just now discovered NIGHT OWL has the LUMINTOP AAA TOOL on sale for $14.95 with free shipping! Heck, I may have to order another one and give NIGHT OWL a try.

Regards,

SixCats!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi BLUE,

Truthfully, this light being so new that I have not use it too much yet. However, so far, when I have used this light, I am LOVING this little 1XAAA (three mode brightness) EDC rear clicky. I think LUMINTOP did a really good job with this light. It is not THE smallest 1XAAA but, in my book that is a good thing as I have XXL Hands and I can hold this light with great comfort (Hand wrapped around the light and use Thumb to operate Tail switch). The Clip appears to be solid/large enough (i.e. tight/secure) that I took a length of 550 Para Cord and made a loose Wrist loop which I run through the Clip. I am keeping this little light in the right pocket of my (often worn) Flight Jacket. I keep ONLY my EDC light in this right (dedicated) pocket for easy access. I was carrying a very nice Fenix 1XAA which now seem HUGH compared to this tiny LUMINTOP TOOL. I live in a rural/Country side in Maine and the other night, I took the light outside and I was more than pleased to see how bright this little light could throw. I am seriously considering buying a second TOOL. IMHO, EVERYONE should own (and carry) at least ONE 1XAAA light using Lithium batteries. I now carry TWO 1XAAA flashlights on my person. I've become a HUGH fan of 1XAAA lights. In short, it's just a fun/neat light!

Regards,
SixCats!

tops2

Enlightened
Lol..I just got mine over the weekend and am pleased as well. Its totally adequate for EDC purpose. I did order the version with both the clicky and magnetic tail caps.

With the clicky, its a bit long, but switching modes is much easier to me.
With the magnetic tail cap, its about as short as my other AAA lights.
I'm undecided right now which one I like..I'm currently using the magnetic tail cap for smaller carry in my pocket. My main annoyance is I somehow lost the small keychain/split ring attachment. And the split ring I have is a bit too big so when attached to the clicky tail, its sits at an awkward angle.

I love the 3 levels as each has its uses.

I'm also starting to find AAA lights fun, especially trying to look for ones with good value to me (high performance/long runtime vs price).

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Tops,

Fantastic! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your new TOOL. Cool that you ordered both the Clicky and Mag ends. mc, yes, it's a fairly long wait but, if you can stand the wait, worth it!

Regards,
SixCats!