NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 134

Thread: Progress on April's Batch

  1. #31
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Any word on when the lottery will kick off?
    I had a few minor mishaps in the shop that slowed me down a little. I'm hoping to send out an email in the next few days with that info. I'm guessing The lottery will start around the 1st and run for a week.

    Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    That damascus finish looks very nice but I was wondering if you would use a deeper etch in the finished light for more contrast?
    Yes. I've been playing around with my etching and I'm getting better results. This isn't the final product, but it's better.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Looking good! The lottery should be well-attended, to put it mildly.
    Thanks, CPF!

  3. #33
    Light11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Great Northwest
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Thank you Jeff
    Seriously I like what see.
    Is that deep etched to show more demarcation between the alloys?



    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    I had a few minor mishaps in the shop that slowed me down a little. I'm hoping to send out an email in the next few days with that info. I'm guessing The lottery will start around the 1st and run for a week.



    Yes. I've been playing around with my etching and I'm getting better results. This isn't the final product, but it's better.
    WTB: Malkoff M60 MC-E and 18 mm Tritium Sphere in Green or Blue

  4. #34
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by Light11 View Post
    Thank you Jeff
    Seriously I like what see.
    Is that deep etched to show more demarcation between the alloys?
    I didn't mean to etch quite that deep, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm still working on getting the timing down for the etches.

  5. #35
    Light11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Great Northwest
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    It looks great!
    and the deeper etching shows more contrast too.
    WTB: Malkoff M60 MC-E and 18 mm Tritium Sphere in Green or Blue

  6. #36
    Thetasigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Holy cow Jeff, that is gorgeous, what will be the price on these?

  7. #37
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    Holy cow Jeff, that is gorgeous, what will be the price on these?
    They'll be going for $1200.

  8. #38
    Flashaholic* Tejasandre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    SA, TX, UsA
    Posts
    1,740

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Wow. I'm sure you'll sell out, no problem.

  9. #39
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    Yes. I've been playing around with my etching and I'm getting better results. This isn't the final product, but it's better.
    Its very, very nice like that.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  10. #40
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,404

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Jeff, do you need any organs, by chance?

  11. #41
    *Flashaholic* gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    7,943

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Well. I sold my brain a long time ago. Didn't get much...

  12. #42

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Wow! Beautiful work

  13. #43
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Well. I sold my brain a long time ago. Didn't get much...
    Ah! That explains it!
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  14. #44
    Flashaholic* Eric242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    [-Mad in Germany-]
    Posts
    2,780

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    I didn't mean to etch quite that deep, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm still working on getting the timing down for the etches.
    Personaly I think the deeper etch looks pretty cool. I always liked the darker damascus much better than the lighter where the differen alloys/layers are hard to recognize. The Orb Raw Da and Wee Da were really great looking examples of damascus lights for my taste.

    Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested


  15. #45
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    Personaly I think the deeper etch looks pretty cool. I always liked the darker damascus much better than the lighter where the differen alloys/layers are hard to recognize. The Orb Raw Da and Wee Da were really great looking examples of damascus lights for my taste.

    Eric
    +1 Deeper etch is more beautiful in my opinion too. My Hanko Damascus is etched so that I can feel the layers separately with my fingers. The contrast is marvellous on that. Obviously the threads have to be blocked out first.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  16. #46
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NC. USA
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Soooo, just thought I would see how April's batch is coming along?
    I'm lampin'

  17. #47
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmac View Post
    Soooo, just thought I would see how April's batch is coming along?
    Sorry for the delay. It's obviously no longer April. I have just opened the lottery for damascus. The link is here.

    Titanium should be done in about 2 weeks I think.

  18. #48
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    I should probably include a picture of the damascus.

  19. #49
    Flashaholic* Jmayot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Wow!! That looks awesome! Congrats Jeff, it takes serious machining prowess to produce such beauties

  20. #50
    Flashaholic* DellSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Jeff, so we will just add the item to the cart & checkout?

  21. #51
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by DellSuperman View Post
    Jeff, so we will just add the item to the cart & checkout?
    That's right. If you win, I'll send a second email with payment information.

  22. #52
    Flashaholic* DellSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    That's right. If you win, I'll send a second email with payment information.
    Hmmm, i am having trouble with the PayPal checkout.. Or must i use the normal one?

  23. #53
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by DellSuperman View Post
    Hmmm, i am having trouble with the PayPal checkout.. Or must i use the normal one?
    Try the normal one? It shouldn't have you pay anything at all.

  24. #54
    Flashaholic* DellSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    Try the normal one? It shouldn't have you pay anything at all.
    Done! Thank you Jeff..!
    Btw, how many pieces are available?

  25. #55
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by DellSuperman View Post
    Done! Thank you Jeff..!
    Btw, how many pieces are available?
    There are 10 total, and 6 will be up for lottery.

  26. #56
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,404

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Arrrrggghhhh! I want one of those! Dam TinyDC or furniture for new apartment... Decisions!! 🤔

  27. #57

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Arrrrggghhhh! I want one of those! Dam TinyDC or furniture for new apartment... Decisions!! 🤔
    Furniture is over rated!!!

  28. #58
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central Ca
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Arrrrggghhhh! I want one of those! Dam TinyDC or furniture for new apartment... Decisions!! 樂
    Your Welcome!

    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...20for%20adults



    p.s. No finders fee necessary!
    Travis

    Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

  29. #59

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Jeff, those lights look amazing. Wow! Beautiful machine work.
    The Damascus looks more like art then light. Just stunning.

  30. #60
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Progress on April's Batch

    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    Your Welcome!

    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...20for%20adults

    p.s. No finders fee necessary!
    Hah, that's funny!

    Thanks for the kind words guys! There was quite a bit more effort involved in making these compared to the titanium, hence the delay.

    The normal clips didn't look quite right on these, so I had them polished. I wasn't sure about that move, but they turned out really nice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •