Social Media for CPF.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see many hobbies are very heavy into using social media such as Face Book etc,just checked and CPF on Face Book is near on non existent .Last entry was in January.

markr6

Flashaholic
I don't know. I think our site here is just so technical with some very large posts. I guess people feel like coming here first, and a duplicate post to FB would be a waste of time. But a quick shot (bragging) of a new light, or showing a light in use wouldn't take any time. I'm surprised we don't see more of that.

Maybe this bump will push us along and see more FB posts!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. I think our site here is just so technical with some very large posts. I guess people feel like coming here first, and a duplicate post to FB would be a waste of time. But a quick shot (bragging) of a new light, or showing a light in use wouldn't take any time. I'm surprised we don't see more of that.

Maybe this bump will push us along and see more FB posts!

I agree and showing pics is so quick on FB?

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
It matters not if you will ever use FB,the question was why it is not been used like other forums are doing.
-
BIG BROTHER !
big_brother.jpg

Greta

Flashaholic
I've actually been thinking about a different type of FB page for CPF - a group instead of a page. That way there could be MUCH more interaction. I already created the group a month or so ago but life has kinda gotten in the way of things since then and I haven't had a chance to go back to it. I will let you all know here when I make it public.

And for those who do not like FB and do not want to participate in FB - well... that's kinda the cool thing about it... you don't have to! :grin2: And you also don't have to bash, point fingers at, call stupid, blahblahblah anyone who DOES choose to participate. Capiche? :poke::tsk:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have 'liked' a few flashlight related pages and they are largely inactive compared to say... a race car page. So it's not just CPF.
The little activity is pretty much drama free.
The best part is one can 'unlike' it or drop out if they choose.
Aaaaand dig this... you can hit that ever popular 'like' button for posts. lol.
(I say that in jest regarding a thread asking why there was no 'like' button here).

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice one Greta looking forward to it.I am a co-founder of a Diecast collectors forum and we have 100 times + more traffic on the FB page.

A good little tip to the members who are not keen on using FB,I paid £12 and had a nice 90-minute workshop on how to use FB most of which was taken up with the correct use of setting your privacy settings correctly.I was so impressed by the lady who organised it in our local community hall I also attended the workshop on using Twitter.