Question: What batteries can I use best for both Fenix CL25R and Neutron 2C V2?

Ovi_73

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'am new on this forum and I I'am making my self familiar with accu's like the 18650 li-on battery or other formats. I like to now which battery I should use for my my led- flashlights mention above. This are the first flashlight I ever did use and did buy. Before this is use a regular flashlight without the benefits of led-lights. Is it possible to use to use a [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]Keeppower 18350 - 900mAh accu in the Fenix CL25RC and the Neutron 2C V2? And should I always use een li-on accu with PCB in the flashlights?

I now, I'am not familiar with above mention issues but I'am like te learn more about the use of li-ion accu's.

Greating,
Ivo Holshof

[/FONT]
IMG_20160414_173546.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Hello, I'am new on this forum and I I'am making my self familiar with accu's like the 18650 li-on battery or other formats. I like to now which battery I should use for my my led- flashlights mention above. This are the first flashlight I ever did use and did buy. Before this is use a regular flashlight without the benefits of led-lights. Is it possible to use to use a Keeppower 18350 - 900mAh accu in the Fenix CL25RC and the Neutron 2C V2? And should I always use een li-on accu with PCB in the flashlights?

I now, I'am not familiar with above mention issues but I'am like te learn more about the use of li-ion accu's.

Greating,
Ivo Holshof

IMG_20160414_173546.jpg

Too short and the Fenix lantern won't take 18350 X 2. I suppose it's possible with a CR123 spacer (aka blank not an actual battery). But the CR25R already comes with a protected 18650.

edit,

Forgot to say welcome to CPF!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Ovi_73. Just some random information though you didn't specifically ask. The CL25R has a low voltage cut out at 3.0v so unprotected 18650 work fine. If you are new to lithium ion batteries stick with the protected cells, but make sure you only use 18650 in that light.

MX421

Enlightened
Welcome to the forum!

If you use the charger on the Fenix CL25R, make sure the batteries are protected in addition to reading up on batteries so that you are aware of the battery danger using Lithium-Ion. If you charge your batteries separately, unprotected cells have worked with mine, but make sure you have a charger that regulates the voltage (smart charger). All of this will become clear when you read up on those type batteries.

As for the 18350, the battery length is too short as WW stated above. The numbers designate the size of the battery. The first two are the diameter of the battery, and the last three are the length. So, the 18350 is 18mm diameter and 350mm long. This is just the battery itself, the protection circuit is usually installed on the negative end of the battery and adds to the length. Thus, as WW pointed out, two 18350s would be 700mm long which is longer than the 650mm btteries the CL25R is intended for (its a tight fit in mine BTW).

I can't speak to the other light since i don't have one...