Microtech camoflage/tan models

K-T

*Moderator*
Since some time now I am staring at these special version of Microtechs Amphibian and Socom models in "colors" other than black or green or gray. These camoflage versions are coated in several designs, e.g. desert camo.

Can anybody tell me if these modells can/should be used and how resistant the coating is? Are these daily users or should they rest on the shelve and looked at?

TIA,

Klaus.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Klaus,

If you haven't already, I'd recommend that you take this question to the great guys at Microholics.org -- truest bunch of MT nuts as you'll ever find.

Also, try e-mailing Robert at The Bright Edge. Although a retailer with heavy ties to MT, he's never been known to lie to any of his customers or potential customers, and will tell you the straight-up truth.

I would've recommended our own beloved Tactical Warehouse, but am un-sure of how many of these new ano jobs Dan has seen.....

Best of luck, as they're certainly eye-fetching !

Allen
aka DumboRAT

kz1000s1

Enlightened
From what I've heard, it's not the most durable finish around. I think it's the same polymer coating they use on all of their blades now. My Mini-SOCOM Elite OD green blade seems to be wearing a little on the edges and has a few scuffs on it. I've been eyeing the Mini SE Manual in urban camo with a claw logo blade on Bright Edge.

Allen is right. Those are good places to go.

K-T

*Moderator*
Dave, the Mini-SOCOM Elite Manual in some camo finish is exaclty the model I am after. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I remember The Bright Edge since this is where I saw that model the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
I will stop by at Microholics.org and see what the experts say.

Thanks, guys.

M

MeridianTactical

Hi KT

I have a manual Socom Elite Plain edge with the Camo Finish instock. Its not on my site yet... email me or give me a call if your interested..

Chris

K-T

*Moderator*
Thanks for the offer, Chris. I sent you a PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif