Update to our Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
This past Monday marks 3 years I have been a CPF member. When I first started making flashlights for you, I didn't feel comfortable offering more than a 10 year warranty on our products. Not sure if everyone will understand why I felt this way but it basically comes down to me not wanting to make a committment to something I can't predict. One statistic indicates that 4 out of 5 businesses fail in the first 3 years. So I wanted to wait and see how things worked out. Now that we have been around for awhile, I feel more comfortable with making promises to you. I don't think it is prudent to say we will be around for a lifetime warranty, that would be foolish. But I do want to expand our warranty.

I am still working on the verbage but I would like to change our expressed warranty to something along the line of "if we made it, we warranty it". This is assuming that we did not waive the warranty at the time of sale (in the case of a "factory second" or "AS-IS" item"), you did not take it apart and break it and we are still in business. Batteries would not be included of course.

As long as we are in business, we will fix or replace any Arc flashlight, sold at any time in "factory first" condition and not overly abused. This guarantee would be transferable to each owner if the unit was sold.

Bascially, we are already doing this but I would like to put it in writing. Over the next couple of weeks I will put something official together.

Peter

jpeg

Enlightened
Once again, a very impressive customer-service move from ARC.
Yet more proof of why Peter's so popular around here...

bluegreen

Newly Enlightened
Wonderful news. Standing by your product is always a good sign. I just wish mainstream goods manufacturers (TV, fridge etc) would do the same!

Wouldn't the electronics or battery contacts eventually wear out? Will Old Age be covered? What if the product is obsolete or discontinued?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, Peter. Just another step to shows your commitment to your products and to your customers.

nexro

Enlightened
Thank you, Peter.
A good move from a company with excellent customer service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mahasamatman

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, Peter. Your business practices, as well as your fine products, demonstrate the true spirit and intent of the often stated but seldom achieved goal of "constant improvement!"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
What should I change on my web pages' Warranty line?
Right now it reads "Warranty: 10 Years"
I'll want something that fits in 64 characters or less (the part after "Warranty: ), so the line doesn't wrap.
At least not with a screen size of 1152x864 or greater.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
you did not take it apart and break it

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand this correct, I don't loose the warranty if I take it apart and don't break is or if I don't take it apart and break it (e.g. dropping it to the floor). That would be great indeed!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Spacemarine said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
you did not take it apart and break it

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand this correct, I don't loose the warranty if I take it apart and don't break is or if I don't take it apart and break it (e.g. dropping it to the floor). That would be great indeed!

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be better to say, "breaking it by using it in ways other than normal use". Taking it apart is not normal use. If you don't break it, the warranty won't matter anyways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
woohoo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

not that this really changes anything, as i've always felt that peter would honor warrantees no matter what, but it's good for the image i think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about you change it to "10 Years (or as long as we're open for business)"

what if you go out of business in two years? (not likely, but just a scenario) would the warranty then be invalid after you go outta business in two years? or would it still be warrantied for another 8?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just more wood on the fire to keep us coming back and it shows that you have confidence in your product to those who aren't familiar with the ARC Flashlight products! Thank you!

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
How about: ARC offers a limited lifetime warranty on its fine line of Factory "First" LED flashlight products. This warranty Excludes any obvious signs of abuse or modification to the product that would be beyond the scope of normal operation and within original factory specifications (batteries and clips are not included in this warranty) . All Serial numbers of our products are tracked, therefore no receipt is required.
Simply call us at (company # here) and explain the problem, we will then issue you an RA number if you meet the minimum qualifications. You will be required to ship the item to us with the RA clearly written on the package and it will be at our discretion to repair or replace the item with a remanufactured light in the same condition as yours at our at no charge to you.

Our confidence in the quality of our lights is our mission and in the unlikely event of our product's failure, we stand behind our products.

Turt

Enlightened
Thanks Peter! This continues to grow my confidence in all my Arc purchases. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Peter, here's a question regarding the warranty that has me very curious. I apologize if this has been covered before. What will happen when discontinued lights malfunction? What I mean is, what if five years from now, my LSHF-P stops lighting up. If this model is discontinued in the near future, I assume you will not carry spare parts forever. Would you replace the unit with say, a standard ARC4? Or maybe refund the money paid when the unit was new? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.