RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: MH10 battery discharge problem

Default MH10 battery discharge problem

On my recommendation, my sister purchased an MH10 that she loved for a couple weeks. She just told me that she returned it since it would not hold a charge. Are there any known issues that would lead to this? i'd like to understand before recommending a replacement light or that she try again. Is there a standby mode that kills the battery?

Thank you

Marcva01

Default Re: MH10 battery discharge problem

Quote Originally Posted by Marcva01 View Post
    On my recommendation, my sister purchased an MH10 that she loved for a couple weeks. She just told me that she returned it since it would not hold a charge. Are there any known issues that would lead to this? i'd like to understand before recommending a replacement light or that she try again. Is there a standby mode that kills the battery?

Thank you

Marcva01
    According to this review of the MH10 (assuming it's the same as your version), see section Standby Drain, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...review-RUNTIME, standby drain of the MH10 would deplete a 3100mAh cell in a bit under 3 years, so it should not be consequential.

Elaborate on what you mean by can't hold a charge and others will better be able to help. For it could very well just be the cell.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

When you said "the light would not hold a charge", do you mean the runtime is very short, or the battery depletes itself in short time even when the light is off?

If your sister still had the light, we would recommend 1) charging the battery to full. 2) turn on the light to the maximum or second highest setting and leave it on the table for an hour. 3) turn off the light. Put it away for a few days and test it again. 4) fully charge the light again and test it in another light.

Without these tests, it is hard to tell if it is the light issue or battery issue.

Thanks for the input. I may get a mount and do a burn in test then forward to her. I'll be back in touch.

Marc