Shadowhawk x800 - Info / Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiyo

Newly Enlightened
All

I have been trying to get some "real" feedback on the ShadowHawk X800. I haven't found any info on the forum(s) - but may have overlook as I am s new user.

I am curious if this light performs as well as the website claims.

I was also wondering if any of the knock-off brands on Amazon perform as well as the ShadowHawk X800 (few examples: CLIFE 800LM CREE 1302 XML T6 / SOLARRAY PRO ZX-1 / Ploarnovo X800 )

your feedback is appreciated -

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoa man...as far as I can tell there are 2 Shadowhawk X800's. One is a AAA powered light with an XP-E emitter and the other looks exactly the same and has an old Cree XM-L T6 emitter. The cell type for the latter is a mystery. Looks like a mystery Chinese 26650. Would avoid...

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Near on each time I switch my computer on it has some ad somewhere for that light.If people want a simple decent good quality budget light they would be delighted with the Thorfire VG15 a compact 18650 user-friendly light.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shadowhawk ads are all over my Facebook page now too. Fake Cree emitters, 300 lumen ouput if that avoid at all cost. If you want a real quality variable focus light get one of the bigger Coasts or an LED Lenser. I would say the new 3rd Gen D cell LED XML2 Mags but the flood beam is still an abortion of artifacts.

thecaretaker

Newly Enlightened
Howdy guys,

I am sorry, but i disagree with your negative attitude towards the X800. Yes, i know that there are a lot of fakes, but the real product is actually very awesome!

I bought it 2 months ago, at the official website:

The flashlight has 800 lumen power, led chip technology, a waterproof and virtually indestructible body and very good operation modes such as sos and Strobe.

Also, the single battery lasts for more than 2 days powering the led chip, with a single charge.

I bought it at a discount for only $56 and free shipping to my home.
I got a rechargeable battery set also :)

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy guys,

I am sorry, but i disagree with your negative attitude towards the X800. Yes, i know that there are a lot of fakes, but the real product is actually very awesome!

I bought it 2 months ago, at the official website:

The flashlight has 800 lumen power, led chip technology, a waterproof and virtually indestructible body and very good operation modes such as sos and Strobe.

Also, the single battery lasts for more than 2 days powering the led chip, with a single charge.

I bought it at a discount for only $56 and free shipping to my home.
I got a rechargeable battery set also :)

Good for you, but pass.

Still tons of better choices for 56$, read more here and spend your money better in the future. :) welcome to CPF

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding is both the G700 and the Shadowhawk X800 are scams. Basically, they took a sub $10 budget light, stuck a logo on it and jacked the price up 6x.

I saw a video with a detailed review and breakdown that compared both the scam and the budget light side-by-side. It included disassembling both lights, comparing the components, measuring the current, and measuring the output in an integrating sphere.

Results weren't pretty. The expensive scam light had better anodizing and very slightly better performance. Both lights used cheap CREE knockoff latticebright LEDs, had thin aluminum stars, weren't waterproof, were far below 800 lumens in output, etc.

Basically, anyone who knows anything about flashlights should steer clear of these scams. There are much much better and brighter lights you could get for the same amount of money.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thecaretaker-the Shadowhawks are crap. Period. The included mystery cells are counterfeits made to be the size of an 18650 or 26650 but in reality have half or less than half their claimed capacity. Output. Consider yourself lucky if your Shadowhawk even puts out half the claimed lumens. The electronics are about as cheap as they could scounge and are quickly and very badly soldered together. The emitters are NOT reak Cree emitters they are Lattice Bright Cree knock offs or even worse no name brand emitters of unknown origin. Want a variable focus light that is legit and works? LED Lenser and Coast

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.