RIP Sport Chalet

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Sporting goods store Sport Chalet sent around an e-mail to customers this morning that they are going out of business after 57 years. The website is no longer accepting orders and closings will be completed by the end of the month.

Their flashlight and lantern section was unbeatable, if you have one in your area, move quickly; it's the early birds that get the monster deals..

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was only 10% off when I went there today. I wish they weren't going out of business. Some of their backpacking and climbing gear was hard to find anywhere else. Now I need to find another store carrying Sterling climbing gear for future purchases. Sterling HTP Static Rope, the Sterling ATS belay device, and the Sterling Hollowblock are great tools for climbing and rescue. It was nice to be able to purchase orange smoke signals for signalling in areas with no cell phone reception. Aerial and road flares are frowned upon during fire season.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yeah, I went yesterday/shortly after I posted, same 10% but word definitely got around:

p2v4Mce.jpg

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another victim of hedge funds and leveraged buy outs. More or less, the parent is going bankrupt to get out of paying back loans and getting out of expensive real estate rental agreements. The parent company also owns black angus steak house.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked around the local sports chalet this week. Interestingly, even with the discounts, it was more expensive for the same things than sports authority and REI. They do have a wide selection of items. The rent on business property is just too high around here to keep retail stores going.

markr6

Flashaholic
Never heard of them until maybe a year ago while searching online. They often came up as the lowest price on some of the things I wanted to buy, but usually still went with Amazon since they lace their packages with heroin and I CANNOT STOP buying stuff!!