bent pocket clip removal help?

jlomein

Enlightened
I have an Inova XP that was great until the pocket clip bent outwards, so it no longer has tension to clip to a pocket.

I've tried using pliers and dental tools to pry it off and failed. It's a "snap-on" type pocket clip and seems to have incredible friction to stay on.

Are there any other tricks to remove it?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A can of spray ice will/could pay dividends.It is sold to the automotive trade to aid in the removal of seized on items prior to the final resort of getting heat on the culprit.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems odd that it is stuck on there. I do know I super glue a lot of my little clips like those. If you are not the original owner, you may be dealing with something like that? Just a idea.
I am thinking you could use some penetrating oil. Then lots of dental floss. The real thin stuff. Try getting a bunch of it in there, then a swift yank should yield joyful results. If yanking doesn't work, then get a few pieces on each side and try and pull the clip apart. Ironically, you have dental tools! lol

Say that doesn't work?
I am thinking some kinda plastic wedges carefully stuffed in the two openings. Again, I would also suggest a penetrating oil. IF you are not worried about scratching the light, then you could use two screwdrivers.

jlomein

Enlightened

The dental tool I used as a lever behind the folded over part of the clip. The pliers I used on the clip portion itself and tried to pry it off. Both didn't work.

I owned this since it was new in package, clip was on already, but it's not glued as you can spin it around the light's body.

I'll try the string method you mention.

EDIT: wow string worked great! Unfortunately I am an idiot: did this outside, pocket clip went flying away into the void. Argh...

Anyways, thanks guys.

Last edited: