FourSevens        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nitecore MH20GT: XP-L HI V3,micro-usb, 1x18650, 362 meters, 1000 lumens, (beam)shots

Default Re: Nitecore MH20GT: XP-L HI V3,micro-usb, 1x18650, 362 meters, 1000 lumens, (beam)sh

Thanks for the review!
    civilgear blog

Thumbs up Re: Nitecore MH20GT: XP-L HI V3,micro-usb, 1x18650, 362 meters, 1000 lumens, (beam)sh

Update on my post #58, same batt. as in that post ran on "High" setting for 3 hrs. & 23 minutes in the light!

Default Re: Nitecore MH20GT: XP-L HI V3,micro-usb, 1x18650, 362 meters, 1000 lumens, (beam)sh

Quote Originally Posted by LEDeez View Post
    Thanks. They are elderly, but can see fine. I bought them Fenix UC35's which they like for walking, but then I showed them my Convoy C8 with XP-L HI and they really liked the longer throw. I prefer my $20 Convoy over all my other expensive lights, but they need the USB recharging capability.
    I had the Nitecore MH20 for three or four years and I lost it. Couldn't live without it but couldn't afford another one at this time so I ordered the Soonfire NS17 and as far as the light part goes I can not tell the difference. However the button does operate differently. As stated previously the red light in the button goes red when the battery needs charging. Soonfire says the battery is Panasonic but I can't verify that because they wrap it in their own brand skin but it is protected and has worked well for me to date.

One feature on the MH20 the NS17 doesn't have is when you unscrew the tailpiece on the MH20 and screw it back down the button will blink the voltage remaining in the battery ie first set of blinks is volts (3 blinks = 3 volts) second set of blinks is tenths of a volt. so 3 blinks followed by four blinks equals 3.4 volts remaining in the battery.

Also be aware if you get the NS 17 when it arrives you need to tighten the barrel one half turn to engage the battery so the light will work. The NS 17 has three sections, head, barrel and tailpiece. Far as I know the MH20 only has two pieces, the main body and the tail piece. Otherwise I can not tell the difference in every day usage.

There is a soonfire seller on Amazon where I got my light and mine was $33.00 and I got it with free shipping in three days. Be sure and choose free shipping at checkout and save your receipt so the 30 day free replacement warrantee will be in effect and then 18 months warrantee.
    Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123