Problems with Olight S30R II

gpsreef

Newly Enlightened
Hi I'm new to led flashlights and new to CPF. Not exactly new to flashlights but once I discovered the world of led lights it has been a lot of fun.
My newest light I bought last week was the Olight S30R Baton II. I liked the idea of the easy recharging stand. The last couple of days it has worked fine today not so much. It started when I took it off the charger full and turned on max output I noticed a flickering effect on the wall in my home. It continued to flicker then went very low. A red light flashes after having max on for about 20 seconds. From what I understand the red light indicates low battery. I'm sure the battery was full I even checked it on my external charger. It has continued to behave with this flickering only in high and turbo modes but it's there. Is there something I'm missing or did I just get a faulty unit? I really liked the light so I don't want to give up on Olight. I was actually thinking about getting a Olight S1 copper edition or the S10R (recharge) or S10C (non recharge). Making me rethink those lights.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Have you checked to make sure that everything is tightened on there well, especially the tailcap and its internals? Could just be a loose connection.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week I had an S10R2 play up then go dead. Olight recommended I take the tail cap apart ( there is a threaded plastic clip that holds everything together inside and I removed it with tweezers. I cleaned everything from the tail cap with Methylated Spirits and a cotton bud and put it back together. It worked, and no problems since. I don't have the S30R2, but if it's the same setup it's worth a try. It was only a few months old and didn't seem dirty, but it worked. Good luck.

gpsreef

Newly Enlightened
Thank you I'll go ahead try that out see if I can't get it working better. I currently communicating with the retailer about a return but if it's something simple I'd rather not send it back

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you I'll go ahead try that out see if I can't get it working better. I currently communicating with the retailer about a return but if it's something simple I'd rather not send it back

Alcohol in proper quantities settles many problems :D