Looking for Nitecore TM series "Rapid-charge adapter" Help!

aFallenTree

Newly Enlightened
I just got my TM series 98wh NBP68 battery pack in today wanted to buy the 4A rapid charge adapter that is mentioned by Nitecore on their site and on the information that came with the battery. The stock one is only 1A and its painfully slow, if anyone knows where to get one I would be greatly appreciative as I cannot find one anywhere. :shrug:

Thanks!!! :thanks:

Last edited:

aFallenTree

Newly Enlightened
A second set of batteries and a D4 charger?

I know, the obvious answer..

But unfortunately that is not the easiest solution. Since with the battery pack I am able to charge it on the go, without having a loose charger and batteries to deal with.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for Nitecore TM series "Rapid-charge adapter" Help!

I purchased both the battery and charger thru the Nitecore Store a couple of months back. You have to remove the battery from the light to charge using the higher amperage charger.

Contact the Nitecore Store thru their manufacturers corner store here.

Their website incorrectly listed the charger as a DC charger instead of an AC charger.

el soluna

Newly Enlightened
Re: Looking for Nitecore TM series "Rapid-charge adapter" Help!

You mean a slide on niteorestore's website is wrong? I think it should be ac port too. unfortunately they put dc port instead (on both!)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Looking for Nitecore TM series "Rapid-charge adapter" Help!

You mean a slide on niteorestore's website is wrong? I think it should be ac port too. unfortunately they put dc port instead (on both!)

No, the charger provides DC current to charge the batteries, just that the power to provide the input current needs to be AC for use from main power. Not a big issue using DC from a cigarette lighter to charge in a vehicle.

The vehicle charging to me seems suspect as the battery takes 6 hours or so to charge. Not many occasions that I'm driving 6 hours to allow for full charge.

The Nitecore Store has corrected the description of the charger on the updated page. http://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-NBP68-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-p/bat-nite-nbp68.htm

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know, the obvious answer..

But unfortunately that is not the easiest solution. Since with the battery pack I am able to charge it on the go, without having a loose charger and batteries to deal with.
I'm not trying to be flip with the obvious. Hence the question mark as opposed to a period. One takes the batteries and not the charger. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

aFallenTree

Newly Enlightened
I purchased both the battery and charger thru the Nitecore Store a couple of months back. You have to remove the battery from the light to charge using the higher amperage charger.

Contact the Nitecore Store thru their manufacturers corner store here.

Their website incorrectly listed the charger as a DC charger instead of an AC charger.

Thank you for the help! I contacted Nitecore Store and was told I can order over the phone. Thanks again!

Last edited:

aFallenTree

Newly Enlightened
I'm not trying to be flip with the obvious. Hence the question mark as opposed to a period. One takes the batteries and not the charger. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Understandable, I know the "correct" way to go about this is subjective. Simply put, I know the best way in which to organize my flashlight charging setup and simple wanted to know where to find the charger. Not start a debate.
(Its hard to judge ones attitude from text, so forgive my bluntness)