Making L5 Clickie Better??

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any fixes for the L5 clickie? In its stock from it's still like the Z57, but not as stiff. Any way to get it like a smooth Z57?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just clicked mine about 50 times, making sure to put sideways pressure and keep rotating. I'm sure there's a mechanical (read--take the switch apart) fix like the one Litfuse did on the L4 but I don't feel like taking the switch apart. After many cycles, mine is buttery smooth and has a nice CLICK to it.

CM

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Mine was perfectly good right out of the box, of course a sample of one is not significant. Anybody else having any issues with L5 clicky?

Maybe you just got a lemon?

rookie

Enlightened
Mine's work ok when pressed from straight on top. However, when pressing sideways at an angle, it doesn't always "click" on. Hoping someone else has a quick fix.....

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L6 is really hard to click to full on. I'm hoping that it will loosen up. But there is also a learning curve: giving the clickie what it wants makes it easier.

Awesome light, though.

mporter

Newly Enlightened
My L5 has an excellent clicky action. Both momentary on and constant on seem to have perfect feel to me. Very, very smooth. I couldn't imagine it better. Could it be there is a lot of variation in examples of the clicky?

Latest posts