peak Eiger flashlights

GODOFWAR

Banned
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about purchasing 3 peak Eiger flashlights. 1.Eiger 2.Eiger Ultra 3.El Capitan . So what do you advice me about it?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I think any of them that you land, you will love! :poke:

I like the Eiger, it is a flexible platform. You can swap the heads around. I got lucky and scored a used "kit" in the WTS section. It came with 4 or so heads, the Nichia Mule, Red mule, the mega throw head, and some more. I must say, the little Eiger is a rocket. Oh, you can also get different tails. I use the Plunger tail the most. With that tail you can still use the Twist feature of the head. They do run on QTC. I started a discussion a while back, but it didn't get too much action. Anyways, Here is a link just for FYI.
I don't know much about the El Capitan.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?415516-Peak-Eiger-QTC-amp-Light-Discussion-2016

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you want an Eiger Ultra if you're already going to buy a regular Eiger and El Cap? Seems very redundant.

Eigers make nice keychain lights. The El Cap could be really nice if Peak ever came out with a usable clip option. It's really too big for keychain use.

I really wish they would come back with the old style body that unscrews from the keyring attachment.

GODOFWAR

Banned
Why do you want an Eiger Ultra if you're already going to buy a regular Eiger and El Cap? Seems very redundant.

Eigers make nice keychain lights. The El Cap could be really nice if Peak ever came out with a usable clip option. It's really too big for keychain use.

I really wish they would come back with the old style body that unscrews from the keyring attachment.

Cuz I want the large head too

Of the ones you list I only have the El Capitan but it's a great light! I really love the build quality, the QTC and the fact that it works with 3v 14505 batteries. I agree it would be great to have a clip for it.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I have the hi cri wide optic El captain.
It is a great little flashlight.
Do yourself a favor and get the stainless steel as the anodizing on the aluminum is not exactly indestructable. Plus it will be more resistant to galling.

Also invest in some good lubricant for the twisty lights, don't use petrol products (I use super lube grease).

Peak takes some time to answer emaIls and make the lights so expect at leasr 1-2 weeks wait.

I have a prometheus clip, now I am just waiting to hear back from roby n about a custom order.