Help: New L4 has no constant on feature!

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Call me old fashioned for wanting a $124.00 flashlight to work out of the box.

I can get a momentary on my pressing the tail cap. It fdoest click, or twist down, for a constant on. Is there a simple fix? Should i just send it back to the firm i bought it from?

Mahasamatman

Newly Enlightened
From some other posts I've read, and assuming your L4 has the clickie switch, some L4s need a VERY hard push to click on and off. A number of other posts have suggested ways to lubricate the switch to address this. Try a search for this issue. It sounds silly, but be sure you're pressing hard enough ... Good luck!

Spango

Newly Enlightened
I had a similiar problem when I received my L4, only that the light goes off when the switch clicked. Momentary was working fine though. Emailed Surefire about my problem and it was promptly solved, no questions asked. You don't get this kind of service where I live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DBrier

Enlightened
I just got my L4 two weeks ago at a local gun show. I played with the demo and then got my money out. They got me a NIB one and woman ringing my up wanted to test the flashlight for me first. She started clicking the switch on and off and it didn't work. Momentary worked fine, but the switch would click and not turn on. You could clearly hear and feel it click, but no constant on. She quickly got a new clicky switch out of a new package and replaced the one on my light. This one worked fine. Great service and I still only paid $129.95 for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif