Thrunite mini TN30?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
After waiting for a couple weeks for a Klarus G30 to arrive, only to have my heart and soul crushed by receiving a defective light...I am in need of some emotional mending. And looking for another hi output light to make me feel better. I see the TN 36UT is available only as a package deal...and therefore pricy. Is it available anywhere alone at a good price?

So I am looking at the mini TN 30 (2016) for $100. I already have the TN4A and it has proved to be very dependable, and I LOVE the blue/red battery indicator light in the button...as well as the IU operation. Anyways, any one had bad luck with one? How comfortable is it in the hand...I liked the size of the 3 battery Klarus G30...but this is a 4 battery light...to fat? Can folks comment on the 2016 NW version? Does it run to hot to be held for long on turbo? What about high?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TN 30 mini NW 2016 version, it is a bigger brother to the TN4A and UI is really nice. It is a bigger light but it is down to personal preferance, going from 3 to 4 cells does make quite a difference in diameter, if your not used to big fat lights it will feel pretty fat in the hand at first. I have done a run test on it and 10 minutes at a time it does get fairly warm but nothing it can't handle, it could probably run turbo till the batteries are depleted and be fine. High would definitely not be a problem to run continuous. It is a very well built light and I do really like mine.

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
Both HKEquiment and illumn sell the TN36UT as a light only. Still a bit on the pricey side at ~$230. Can also try the Nitecore EC4SW, which has the MT-G2 emitter and ~2000 lumens.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
After waiting ...only to have my heart and soul crushed by receiving a defective light... I am in need of some emotional mending. ...

Bb3 - I feel your pain ...

(As would anyone who knows your depth of Love For Lights)

I am looking at the Klarus G30 too, and if it arrives / arrived delinquent, it would annoy me considerably too!
(Damage my faith in Human Affairs ...)

I can only recommend that you play with a >5,000lu+ light, (or maybe a true dedicated throw-light?).

You owe it to yourself to get a powerful light. FACT!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bb3 - I feel your pain ...

(As would anyone who knows your depth of Love For Lights)

I am looking at the Klarus G30 too, and if it arrives / arrived delinquent, it would annoy me considerably too!
(Damage my faith in Human Affairs ...)

I can only recommend that you play with a >5,000lu+ light, (or maybe a true dedicated throw-light?).

You owe it to yourself to get a powerful light. FACT!

I am thinking seriously about the TN 36UT NW...generally don't put out that kind of money out for a single light. $100 for the mini TN30 seems more in line...as I have some other smaller lights I am considering too. But...I bounce back and forth. Spend on just the TN36UT vs the mini TN30 and a couple other lights, such as the Zebralight SC600III. I have a few small lights already in the 1000 lumen range such as the Nitecore MH20...don't really need any more. But...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, thanks to the comment by Lightlover...I am now out of 279 bucks. But...I got a TN36UE NW coming in the mail Wednesday ;) !!! Yep, I'm a big dog now. Will have some time to play with it before I have to hide it...daughter is coming down for a vacation/visit and she already thinks I'm nuts with all these flashlights. I'll take them with me when the nursing home calls my name...and later into the casket, when the devil finally finds me.

Means giving up on a Zebralight SC600III...but, oh well...

Last edited:

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bb3,
With such a Super-Light – it's an investment!! I-N-V-E-S-T-M-E-N-T!
(I think you mentioned that your strongest light so far was ~2,500lu?)
You positively owe it to yourself Sir Badbeams…

And that's a light with more lumens than Your Eminence's post-count –
YaY! I'm excited for you!
(D'you got the batteries all ready and charged for Wednesday?)

Your daughter may even compliment you on your choice – she's probably never seen a pop-can light of such power.
Please eventually report back with your impressions.

[ And don't forget the future possibilities of a whole 11,000lu in:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?409629-TN36UTvn-Pop-Can-King ]

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you like it. Please keep in mind there are 2 version xml2 and xpl hi led. I bought one for my brother with xpl hi. It's very bright and decent throw.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D
Bb3,
With such a Super-Light – it's an investment!! I-N-V-E-S-T-M-E-N-T!
(I think you mentioned that your strongest light so far was ~2,500lu?)
You positively owe it to yourself Sir Badbeams…

And that's a light with more lumens than Your Eminence's post-count –
YaY! I'm excited for you!
(D'you got the batteries all ready and charged for Wednesday?)

Your daughter may even compliment you on your choice – she's probably never seen a pop-can light of such power.
Please eventually report back with your impressions.

[ And don't forget the future possibilities of a whole 11,000lu in:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?409629-TN36UTvn-Pop-Can-King ]

My brightest light was supposed to be a Klarus G30...but it arrived DOA. So my brightest light, by just a little, is a 1150 lumen Thrunite TNA4. I have 8 18650 batteries on order from the same company...Gearbest. But the tracking shows them stuck at a "sorting" place in SHENZHEN China since the 22nd. So...

If I get in trouble with the evil daughter...I'm sending her your way to deal with. Meanwhile...I can't wait for the light to show up :D

I'll just leave this pic here to help me pass the time...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batts I ordered from Gearbest arrived...and yesterday, so did the TN36. Works perfectly. Rainy day/night yesterday so did not get much chance to play with it outside...and wet stuff tends to suck up light as well. Never the less, first impression is...I love it ;)

I ran it on the 850 lumen setting for an extended time. No heating issue at all. Think in general use this will be the most often used level, plenty bright :thumbsup: Have not tried a heat test at the 2500 level yet.

Negatives perhaps, I think I might like a bit more energy put into the spot. But I knew it was a flood light going in. Still.

Right now I still have a desire to get a Mini TN30...but have a feeling that light will be getting an upgrade soon...maybe to Cree XHP35's and upped to perhaps 4000+ lumen. From what I understand the Mini TN30 beam is tilted a bit more towards a standard beam pattern, which a like..

One concern...the big lens is not very recessed...seems like it could be subject to cracking if it happens to be dropped and land wrong...lens down on a small pebble fro example. Asking for trouble in a way.

Anyway's, can't wait for night...no rain today/night :cool:

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats on a little beast Badbeams, the older MKR version tn36vn is my go to flooder. Like the UI a lot with moon(press n hold from off) or a simple double click to turbo melt down. For a CW it has a very pleasing tint towards the 5000k on my version.

You might be surprised how far it reaches out by sheer force! Huge wall of light:cool:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on a little beast Badbeams, the older MKR version tn36vn is my go to flooder. Like the UI a lot with moon(press n hold from off) or a simple double click to turbo melt down. For a CW it has a very pleasing tint towards the 5000k on my version.

You might be surprised how far it reaches out by sheer force! Huge wall of light:cool:

Thanks Ven! Think those MKR VN ones are over 10,000 lumen...right? Must be awesome to see in person :eek:

There is one thing I just noticed...went back to the box to look at the included charger and batteries...no 12 volt car wire to be found. Wonder if it's missing or if it's not included as part of the package. Shows is as part of the package when bought separately... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K4VM8XC/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The MKR is "only" 8300-8400 OTF lumens, so a baby compared to the UTvn version at 13k!!! Still once you get past 6-8k lumens.......its just very bright :laughing: It throws very well with all things considered, must be 30-40kcd at a guess..............enough anyway for most uses and probably not much different to the predator v2.5 other than a wall of light to go with it.

Looks like it should have come with it, bummer, maybe send a message and see. I have only used my car charger a couple of times(when camping) so does have its uses when no other means.............pita having engine running though......expensive charge!!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, they responded. The 12V adaptor is not included in the kit. And it is not sold separately. So now we know. I have another 4 bay charger that has an adaptor so...not a deal breaker for me, still a little disappointment.

ven

Flashaholic
Says near bottom(above reviews)

What's in box

1 x MCC-4 battery charger
1 x charging cord
1 x car charging cable

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Says near bottom(above reviews)

What's in box

1 x MCC-4 battery charger
1 x charging cord
1 x car charging cable

Yea, but that's on the "buy charger only" page. The page addressing the light bundle does not state anything regarding accessories. So...don't know what to think other than...a bit disappointed about that. But I love the light...so.