New Arc logo inscription on Arc 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, I like the new Arc "Arc" logo on the 4+, is there any special significance or story behind it? Is it your own personal design, and is it the new "official" Arc logo? I apologize if this has been discussed before, I have not seen anything about it.

I would also like to make a suggestion, and see if other members share my opinion.

To me, the inscriptions on the Arc4+ make it look like something that should still in the prototype stage. You've got the logo in one spot and the model designation and serial # a 1/3 of the way around the light in a different spot. I personally think this looks pretty bad. Apparently it is set up this way to show the logo and model (front to back respectively) when using the clip? To me it makes it look kind of half-assed for lack of a better term. It just doesn't look like it was well thought out, more like an afterthough. I think this great light deserves better.

My suggestion is this- Put the logo and the model/serial # in the same spot (area). Logo on top, then model, then serial #, and put them at 180 to the clip. I also wouldn't mind seeing the name of the manufacturer on there too. Not "Arc Flashlight LLC" in it's entirety, but just the word "ARC" (in the same font as the "4+") inscribed just above the new logo. That would be cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif "Arc" is just a "cool" word, and I think it should be on the light. This is your gem Peter, and I really think you should fess up and put your name on it!

Does anyone else feel the same way I do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new logo was developed in the last couple of months. You'll get the idea on where we got it if you have someone shine an Arc4 in your eye from a couple of feet away. This is the image of the light shining towards you in an active way.

We also are going for a more minimalist look with our markings. You should see this develop as the months progress.

The position of the two blocks of print on the Arc4 head were planned to be at an angle to the clip but they looked different by the time they actually made it on the head. Still tweaking that.

At a later date, we are going to add an inscription to the end of the tail cap (around the button) with a little bit of text. But the plan is to keep it subtle.

Peter

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply Peter.

I'm with you on the "minimalist" markings. I think having all the inscriptions in the same area would reinforce that, not detract from it. Having the markings in different spots around the bezel seems to be at odds with a minimalist design, at least to me.

Peter

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i thought the markings were positioned to be on opposite ends of the light, with both logos being at a 90 degree angle to the clip. looks good IMHO, but i still think it should say arc somewhere, especially in the cool new font as litfuse suggested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
How much would it cost to get a special run with the following text inscribed around the rim?

"M@glite Can Kiss My A**"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.