TnC 26650 Host any good?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wanting a high CRI 26650 light for some time. But since none is available, I figure a P60 host with a Nichia triple is my best option. Unfortunately, there are not many available. I have the Cooly host. But one thing I don't like about it is the way it deeply recesses the module in the host. This makes for a very narrow beam - okay for throwy modules, but not the best for a flooder. The only other P60 host I have been able to find is the TnC host. I noticed it is on sale, and I am debating whether I should buy one. Does anyone here have one? Is the module similarly deeply mounted to the Cooly, or is it more shallow like a Solarforce? Also, will this host fit a 26700? It sure would be nice if I could use my 5000mAH King Kongs.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I have an aluminum one in natural finish,, a wd40 rub-in to the anodize
It's just a superb host w/ a great McClicky Switch
eFest IMR sending the juice to a PFLEXPRO drop-in (XP-L HI neutral emitter)

Really dig the setup

C-Flex_26650_HA_Natural_V1.png

stock pic_^

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
+
Really dig the setup

C-Flex_26650_HA_Natural_V1.png

stock pic_^

I've got one like that as well, running a VanIsleDSM 5.6A quad & a FETtie on the tail. Trit slots with yellow & green trits. It's a very nice host. I don't have any 26700s, only 26650s.... Machining on the threads is incredible. QUALITY host.

I highly recommend it...

I checked out the sale - GREAT price.

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is module placement? Is it fairly close to the lens, or is it deep down like the Cooly host?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
will this host fit a 26700? It sure would be nice if I could use my 5000mAH King Kongs.

+

Not many lights in general have long battery tube,, a longer 26650 will be a tight fit.
Removing the spring on drop-in & just having your tailswitch spring should work.
(just have a little solder button on drop-in base)

or

get a couple IMR 26650s' since most drivers now have low voltage warning anyway

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) The picture seems to show a short threaded adapter with red o-ring - top middle of photo? What is it for?
2) The tailcap threads look bare rather than anodized, is this correct?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
urrrr hmmm...never seen this host before. Anodizing looks really good cool, looks like good machining but how well does it really handle heat? King Kongs are amazing any of them....wish Feilong made smaller cells their 32650's are just well I have never ever seen another single cell type take and hold such a charge for as loooooooooooooong as my 32650 Feilongs....

Gents i am not sure if it is my poor vision but man that host body looks to have some refreshingly thick stock to it. With the near Armytek thick looking HA the tube damn near looks almost 3mm thick...must have been a good bit of money

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
King Kongs are amazing any of them....wish Feilong made smaller cells their 32650's are just well I have never ever seen another single cell type take and hold such a charge for as loooooooooooooong as my 32650 Feilongs....

Feilong 32650s are rated at 6000mAH. But I'm not sure what their REAL capacity is. But if the 6000mAH is pretty accurate, then King Kong 26700s are not too far off. Although they are only rated at 5000mAH, a few tests have shown that they are actually in the 5400-5500mAH range. So they are quite underrated. They also test sigificantly better than Keeppower 5200 26650s, which typically test at around 5100-5200mAH. And compared to the Keeppowers, they hold their voltage better. The bottom line: if your 26650 light can accommodate these cells, King Kong 26700s are the ones you want to be using.

Last edited:

Latest posts