Nitecore MH20 Dead?

TheYoshi

Newly Enlightened
I had my MH20 sitting on the kitchen table and one of my kids knocked it off onto a tile floor. Just rolled off the table, nothing violent. Since then the light is dead. Anyone have any experience with Nitecore service or better yet if there is a way to just fix the thing. To be honest I was a bit surprised this little of an impact would kill it given how they promote drop resistance, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you don't want to read this but a group buy for a MH20GT is a good start as you e-mail Nitecore over your dilemma.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second parrot. A little more money but a little less the wait for a much better light.

To answer your question tho, my first mh20gt as having issues and after a few questions, they sent me a call tag to send it back for service. Just got an email like an hour ago saying they just replaced the head and it's on its way back to me. They have been prompt with their replies.
This is my first experience with nitecore's customer service so it might not say much but I'm definitely happy.

So do you mean your light is completely dead? No light, no indicator, no nothing? Try tightening the head and tail, or checking the battery. Put it on a charger to see if the indicator light goes on. Clean the threads and contacts with a q tip.

Last edited:

TheYoshi

Newly Enlightened
So do you mean your light is completely dead? No light, no indicator, no nothing? Try tightening the head and tail, or checking the battery. Put it on a charger to see if the indicator light goes on. Clean the threads and contacts with a q tip.

Yup, light is dead, no lights nothing. I've tried different batteries, plugged it in, disassembled, cleaned and everything just completely unresponsive.

Definitely checking into the MH20GT group buy thread but I still want this light to work as well :)

What email were you using for service? I just emailed their info@... email but haven't received a reply yet.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wrote a couple of emails before I got my first response from Nitecore. The reverse polarity protection cap came off one of my lights. Initially they wanted me to send the light in, but once they clearly understood the problem, they agreed to send me a replacement(they stated they would be happy to repair it at no charge, but I did not want to be without the light for that length of time. About 5 weeks later, I received two reverse polarity protection caps and all has been great ever since. I have spoken to a couple of friends who had a delay in an initial response, but once good communication is established everything seemed to work out OK.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely contact Nitecore and see about getting it repaired under warranty. Depending on where you live it may only take a few weeks or it could take a month or two. They're usually pretty good about repairing things under warranty from what I've seen, I've never had to send any of mine in but the 5 year warranty is nice.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
freaking amazing! Just wow....the cheap chintzy tactical ring on my SRT7 broke in half years ago I tried getting a new one from NC for literally 3 years all I got was lost in translation gobbledygook and ads for new lights in response. Your MH20 hit the floor pretty hard and at a bad angle. Have 2 MH20's the GT being surprisingly nicer(better switch)but man I have dropped them kicked them went swimming with the XML2 version lit in my hand and also dropped it into a sea of salsa on a big fat Chipotle deal and just washed it off and dried it carefully with paper towels. I have yet to turn either one on and throw it hard 30 feet into a waist deep creek like I have done with 2 of my 3 TN TN4A's(not a scratch, not a drop inside and both just kept on cranking)but am looking forward to it with the weather getting warmer hmmm