Inova 24/7 Accessory Pack

DaveT

Enlightened
I got an Inova 24/7 mainly for its cool gadget appeal (who hasn't fallen victim to that?). I've been carrying it around in my backpack for a couple months, and there it mostly stays. However, following the CPF motto, I just bought the accessory pack. The stock 24/7 comes with a lanyard (which I feel mainly gets in the way). The accessory pack has an adjustable headband, a magnet mount, and four permanent mount brackets. While I don't have any use for the brackets, the headband really adds a lot of versatility to the 24/7, as does the magnetic base.
The headband's well-made and sturdy, easily adjustable, and it has a pivoting point that allows the light to rotate down past 90 degrees (making the light point to my chest). The magnetic base has the same pivot point. In fact, the only thing I'd suggest as a change would be to make the magnetic base attach to the headband with a sturdy but easy on/off connection point, so you could do it all with one item.
Anyway, I think this accessory pack helps move the 24/7 past being just a neat gadget and more of a practical light - a headlamp that pivots, a magnetically attached light, a base-mountable light, or a light that clips to clothing or straps.
Dave

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Dave,
I love using my 24/7 and didn't realize there was an accessory pack available for it. Thanks for the info - We may carry their products someday, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Dave,
Thanks for the heads up, my 24/7 stays in my backpack too at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was about to get a headlamp but now I just need to get the headband, that's really handy. I've got the yellow version, when I get the OD version i'll be able to attach it to my field kit.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have little experience in terms of other headlamps, how does the high beam white light from the 24/7 compare with other headlamps?
Cam.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one for my nephew without the accesory pack, then one for myself with the pack. Those guys at Inova to do not mess around. I've gotten caught in a rain storm with no effects. The only problem I'm having deciding which to take on an upcoming road trip the 24/7 or my enternalight.

chiphead

ROYALTO

Newly Enlightened
If anyone is interested I just picked up an OD green 24/7 with the accessory pack included for around $35.00 complete at TAD Gear.