Runtime and lumens for E1e with KL4? (aka TW4)?

ajnova

Newly Enlightened
Could someone please tell me what battery runtime and lumen output is for KL4 attached to a E1e is? I guess also referred to as TW4. (Why's that?)

I plan to get a KL4 head and E2e... Then I can then put the KL4 on the E2e when I want and sometimes put it (KL4) onto my E1e. Then I can always put the regular lamp back onto the E2e and use both at once. Unless....

Unless output/runtime isn't really worth it... Then I guess I'll get L4 and KL1 head instead.

Now KL4 head on an E2e is literally a L4 correct? Has all the regulation and what not?

Thank you!

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

ajnova,
The TW4 got it's name from Tactical Warehouse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The runtime has been reported to be around 90 minutes. I've never seen a lumen rating for the TW4, but I'm guessing it's around 30 lumens or so.

Yes, the KL4 Bezel on the E2e body is an L4 without the Z57 "clickie" tailcap.

Dan

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Re: Runtime and lumens for E1e with KL4? (aka TW4)

gwbaltzell,
Thanks - I was looking for that thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I once borrowed my friend's KL4 and did a test with it on my E1e. Flashlight was loaded with fresh Energizer battery, known to be a close competitor to Duracell in Singapore for runtime. I took a picture of the beam pattern at 15mins interval. Shutter speed, aperture, and white balance setting remains the same on my Nikon D100 digital camera. Beam was projected onto a white wall at a distance of 1 meter. At 1hr 15mins, light is starting to pulsate at 2 secs interval. After about 1 hour 20 mins the KL4 was running into moon mode (I did not include the moon mode beam shot).

View Beam shot test

Regards,
Andy Ho

lak

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
I once borrowed my friend's KL4 and did a test with it on my E1e.... At 1hr 15mins, light is starting to pulsate at 2 secs interval. After about 1 hour 20 mins the KL4 was running into moon mode

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. I always thought that KL4 runs unregulated with 1 CR123 as the voltage is not high enough. So how could Andy's observation be explained? And why is it different from this test?

woodsman

Newly Enlightened

I also thought the e1e kl4 combo was always running out of regulation. If I were to use a 3.6 volt rechargeable lithium 123a I wonder if it would be able to run in regulation for a little while? That would be interesting.

Jeff