Is it the light or battery problem? OLightS10

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Just joined up here @CPF, hello all!
I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem with my OLight S10. It takes CR/RCR123 cells and seems to work OK on all but the highest output (400lm), on high it runs for about 45 seconds then starts to blink very fast like it's not getting enough power from the battery. If I take out the battery and check the voltage in the charger it will still show approx 4 volts. It is a LIon cell and I know they have a much lower capacity the primaries but can the cell be getting old/bad and still charge up to 4.2v ? I'll need the get some more batteries to see if the light will stay running in Hi mode with new batteries, or there could be a problem with the light.
Any thoughts?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Well I'll guess that I'll respond to my own post after doing some research on the 16340 cells and determine it is the RCR16340 cells that is the major problem I'm having. Olight was very good with customer service on the phone (and a human being answered the phone WOW) and gave me a RMA without any questions at all or proof of purchase. Better than what I've just read about SF.
There is quite a lot more to learn about batteries and cells to get the most out of them.
Again new here to CPF!

nbp

Flashaholic
:welcome:

I will move this to LED Flashlights, maybe more response there? Hope you get sorted out!