Cree xhp 50 or 70 12v system for a boat

captforrest

Newly Enlightened
Hi there guys I am trying to set up a light, already have a housing in mind, but am having trouble finding the driver I need to run the Cree xhp 50 or preferable the 70. The unit will have multiple LEDs but from the research I have done I think I will need a driver for each led? Any help would be awesome guys. I'm a boat captain and can get by with electronics but not the best so thanks for the help.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
you need buck-boost drivers.a 12v system varies below and way above the vf of those leds.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a boat, I guess, you need something more powerful than a flashlight. One of the threads here was about a decommissioned panzer light. Xenon 1Kw monster thrower. Your distances are way above the abilities of any carriable flashlight.

captforrest

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to make something like a light bar on a truck but just a custom size and more waterproof that is brighter. The 12v system will stay in the same range as a car would. Just need advice on driver and can I use one driver for multiple lights or will I need a driver for each led?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: