I purchased two Zebralights, boy am I sorry now

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
first light I purchased was the SC600 II L2 and then subsequently the SC600 III L2 before I even received the first one.
The specs on the III L2 seemed better and I was soon to discover that the first light is not what it is purported to be. The II L2 is
the kind of light performance wise that might have been purchased 6 or 7 years ago
I purchased two of the sc600 MII and then the MIII, the mark III is the better of the two, the MII is actually defective or just simply nowhere as bright as
the company suggests. To make matters worse, I have tried to call write multiple times with virtually no response from anyone at the company. Directly
after I got the MII I wrote to them asking for an immediate exchange but as it turns out, they have no customer service, they don't care If I, or any customer
for that matter is really unhappy, I have lights costing 1/2 to 1/3 as much that are two to three times brighter, I purchased an official light meter when I was
first here because that I rarely use
but I have discovered that rather than casting beams on a wall, I shine my flashlights at real objects, inside and out.
I am extremely unhappy and feel as though I've been hoodwinked, scammed , bamboozled, taken, and just plain robbed.
I am writing this because this is one of the one of most unpleasant purchase experiences I have ever had. I found out specifically where they are located but
no matter how much I tried, they didn't answer sent messages and any number of phone calls with voice mail.
I am just writing this as a public service announcement. I have had a meterman LM631 which was the benchmark standard for many years, but I didn't have
to use mine to evaluate the supposed outputs of these two lights. I'd bet neither version of the SC600 come close to their stated spec. The only thing positive
for me to say and the reason I purchased both lights is the placement of the head mounted side switch. I can easily find it in the dark, but since neither flashlight
is worth carrying, Its just a bad deal

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralights are well known for meeting or exceeding their output specs. You certainly have a problem somewhere if it is not near what it should be.

1. Are you sure the highest mode is programmed to H1 and not a lower sub-level of high?
2. What batteries are you using?

nbp

Flashaholic
So what was the result of your tests with the light meter?

"It's not that bright" isn't a very objective finding for your level of angst over being "scammed, robbed" etc.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very rare to get two defective zebralights at the same time. I'm not saying it can't happen, but there is a reason they are among the most popular flashlights on this board.

My opinion is that you most likely don't have them programmed for High.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
first light I purchased was the SC600 II L2 and then subsequently the SC600 III L2 before I even received the first one.
The specs on the III L2 seemed better and I was soon to discover that the first light is not what it is purported to be. The II L2 is
the kind of light performance wise that might have been purchased 6 or 7 years ago
I purchased two of the sc600 MII and then the MIII, the mark III is the better of the two, the MII is actually defective or just simply nowhere as bright as
the company suggests. To make matters worse, I have tried to call write multiple times with virtually no response from anyone at the company. Directly
after I got the MII I wrote to them asking for an immediate exchange but as it turns out, they have no customer service, they don't care If I, or any customer
for that matter is really unhappy, I have lights costing 1/2 to 1/3 as much that are two to three times brighter, I purchased an official light meter when I was
but I have discovered that rather than casting beams on a wall, I shine my flashlights at real objects, inside and out.
I am extremely unhappy and feel as though I've been hoodwinked, scammed , bamboozled, taken, and just plain robbed.
I am writing this because this is one of the one of most unpleasant purchase experiences I have ever had. I found out specifically where they are located but
no matter how much I tried, they didn't answer sent messages and any number of phone calls with voice mail.
I am just writing this as a public service announcement. I have had a meterman LM631 which was the benchmark standard for many years, but I didn't have
to use mine to evaluate the supposed outputs of these two lights. I'd bet neither version of the SC600 come close to their stated spec. The only thing positive
for me to say and the reason I purchased both lights is the placement of the head mounted side switch. I can easily find it in the dark, but since neither flashlight

Don't know if it's to late but don't Amazon and Zebralight have a 30 day return policy?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My opinion is that you most likely don't have them programmed for High.

This could be an issue. For instance, with the SC600W II, one click turns the light on in high. But if the last mode it was on at was H2 rather than H1, it will come on in H2. And H2 can be as low as 150 lumens. So try turning on the light and then giving it a quick double click to get to H1.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

With a cheerful approach like that one can't imagine why they'd not get right on it.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something doesn't seem right about this post. It is inconsistent with EVERYTHING I have personally experienced with Zebralight. Great output, great service, consistently. Hmmmmmm???

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something doesn't seem right about this post. It is inconsistent with EVERYTHING I have personally experienced with Zebralight. Great output, great service, consistently. Hmmmmmm???

+1. 8 Zebralights in my collection and have owned more than a dozen different ones. Loved 'em all - they all worked flawlessly. Never had failure and all tested to spec in my sphere. Something just isn't quite right....

UnderPar

Enlightened
Operator error or battery issue.

I've emailed Zebralight with questions, etc. and they responded promptly each time.

I second to this. I had some concerns on my SC52w two years ago and Zebralight actually responded to my emails. Try to figure out if you're really on H1 and use a fully charged battery. If you have the known brand battery, the better. Certainly hope you'll be able tonresolve this...

cp2315

Enlightened
So far I only own one zl, the original sc600. It is a great light. Three years later I got a switch problem probably due to overheat. They promptly fixed my light for $15. I can't be happier with their service. You know, the light was more than two years out of warranty.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only needed Zebralight customer service once, and they were outstanding. You said you have "tried" to call and write-did you actually get a customer service rep? If yes, what was their response, if no, are you basing your anger on leaving a message and not getting a response? If you wrote an actual letter, how long between mailing it and writing your post? None of us like to buy a product that is disappointing, but the majority of those responding to this thread have had a much different experience than you so I am trying to understand what is different.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
How fast do they normally respond when you message them? I messaged them a question Wednesday and am waiting for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.