ACEBEAM EC50? Anyone?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at it on amazon. I think they go for $119.99. I am sure ec50 is a great pocket light that use xhp70, and 26650 cell.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it was just released we are all waiting to get them. Mine is stuck at ISC San Francisco USPS.

Joe Kidd

Newly Enlightened
I really don't want to wait several weeks for one as availability is still limited, nor do I want to be a beta tester neither. I think I'll wait a while. Nevertheless it looks interesting.

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
I went and took the plunge. Mine just arrived today. Ordered last Monday from lightmalls.com and chose expediated shipping. Can't wait to get home and try it out. Plan on doing a mini review for it.

The Burgh

Newly Enlightened
Please do go for it with a review, "ckellyme3."

I can't recall thirsting for flashlight information like this with any other flashlight. Have to be more careful with my expectations.:crackup:

legendofzelda

Newly Enlightened
Could you post some outdoor beamshots? Also interested in this.

I went and took the plunge. Mine just arrived today. Ordered last Monday from lightmalls.com and chose expediated shipping. Can't wait to get home and try it out. Plan on doing a mini review for it.

recDNA

Flashaholic
26650 drives a lot of us off because it means yet another charger and more batteries.

markr6

Flashaholic
26650 drives a lot of us off because it means yet another charger and more batteries.

That's part of it, but mainly I don't want a showoff light (hand burner or press-hold-for-turbo). But if they happen to be similar as some other 18650 lights, but with simply a longer runtime, fine.

recDNA

Flashaholic
That's part of it, but mainly I don't want a showoff light (hand burner or press-hold-for-turbo). But if they happen to be similar as some other 18650 lights, but with simply a longer runtime, fine.
I recycled most of my li ion batteries and do not want more let alone another charger. My 2 bay VP1 still works fine but it will not take 26650. The bigger the battery the worse the consequences should it vent.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think almost any 18650 charger can charge a 26650 by using wire leads.

However, even if the leads don't work for your charger, I still think its worth making the move toward the 26650 format, IMHO.

We can see that many flashlight and battery manufacturers are starting to use the 26650 format AND getting decently hi lumen output and hi battery capacity with one LED (which is likely to produce a nicer beam pattern than the very floody triple XPG/XML format).

Here is Vin's beamshot video - nice throw with power boost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-07cJect7Q

Last edited:

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine yesterday and while impressed, found out that this light just isn't for me due to ergonomic reasons. I really need to stick with a single rear clicky mode changing light.

Edit- This light is now broken. No longer trying to sell and hopefully will get a refund.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Ckellyme- I edited the last part of your post. There is a section for buying, selling, and trading. It's not done in these threads... :) Welcome aboard, btw.

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
So sorry for your bad experience. I also have been waiting for this light to be released finally. Seems like a disappointing start for this much anticipated light.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I got mine today, and all I can say is this light is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! It lives up to my expectations, and the color is nice white flood beam. The tailcap is a forward rear clicky for momentary on, and it remembers the last setting. I personally like the side switch for mode changing, and the spacing between the light output.

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
Well here we go, mixed experiences already. What to do,what to do? I have been waiting for this light to use at my job. Now I just saw video of Vin talking about his mod of this light that he likes alot. Should I wait to take the plunge?

ven

Flashaholic
Well here we go, mixed experiences already. What to do,what to do? I have been waiting for this light to use at my job. Now I just saw video of Vin talking about his mod of this light that he likes alot. Should I wait to take the plunge?

vn version for sure, would go for a de-domed xhp70 if possible!! :D

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with ven to get the vn version especially if you are in the U.S.A. since Vinh completely guarantees his work.

vn version for sure, would go for a de-domed xhp70 if possible!! :D

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you like the light and can afford $150ish go with the VN for safety and dependability. Doubt you will be disappointed.