NITEYE JR10 failed, now a $49 paperweight?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a year ago I bought the NITEYE JR10. Earlier I had bought a much cheaper single AA cell 'seahorse' type light with lousy tint, low power etc so spending the over $40 on the NITEYE seemed like a good idea. I had daily use of it on low on NIMH AAs'. I liked it a lot. Yesterday when it was time to change cells I thought I had a dead battery so I tried a few more than an alkaline primary; ALL FAILED to work.

It is frustrating to buy a $$$ (to non flashaholic that is) LED light and then to have it fail in about a year, that stinks big time. I take some comfort in the fact that it failed me personally and not a professional associate I had suggested buy that light. I have not contacted the seller here in the USA because it's Sunday afternoon here now, so I will call tomorrow afternoon. He is a good guy and if the warranty had expired I will not be upset with the seller at all. I will however AVOID ANY Niteye product for the rest of my life (and briefly share this experience with the community here at CPF.)

Trashman531

Newly Enlightened
I would definitely try to contact the seller. My niteye ec-r16 has a 2 year limited lifetime warranty, whatever that means. But I'm sure a failure to fire like that without any battery leakage or what damage would be covered by them.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would definitely try to contact the seller. My niteye ec-r16 has a 2 year limited lifetime warranty, whatever that means. But I'm sure a failure to fire like that without any battery leakage or what damage would be covered by them.

Thanks!:) IIRC it was bought at goinggear, so let's hope for the best

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!:) IIRC it was bought at goinggear, so let's hope for the best

My guess is a wire broke where the joint is. Goinggear is a great company and should be able to at least advise you where to send it for repair. Shipping costs and time might become the issue. Maybe time to hunt down a new light?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just spoke with Helen at Goingear and she gave me an RMA # . I am sending the JR10 back to them and they will send it for repair, (I have been waiting for a DIFFERENT CPF vendor/seller to repair my Skilhunt headlamp since March 21) then mail it back to me. The folks at GoingGear were very kind and helpful.:twothumbs