• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Convoy F6 triple mods for sale

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I got bit by the Convoy/Roche F6 triple bug and spent some time building a couple. I also did a driver and emitter swap on one and am offering that for sale as well.

100_3264_zpstwmd1d7k.jpg

100_3260_zps3iu9nrpz.jpg

The following pics are to illustrate how I dealt with creating a solid aluminum heatsink for the triple noctigon to sit on. This heatsink is a tight press fit into the head of the light. This method does not allow for complete waterproofing of the front end of the light due to a slightly increase in internal stack height from stock.

100_3209_zps2cmdi5t0.jpg

100_3212_zpszsrefauc.jpg

100_3213_zpsnjawjsdn.jpg

100_3215_zpsyzyribeb.jpg

The triple noctigons were thermally adhered to the heatsink with arctic alumina. The light with the narrow clear optics is a triple XP-L HI 3D while the F6 with the narrow frosted optics is a triple Nichia 219b 90+ CRI. The emitter on the single emitter light was replaced with an XM-L2 U2 3D on noctigon. All three lights feature the Ferro Rocher FET driver and the corresponding ramping firmware by BLF members Helios and Toykeeper, respectively. A copper plate with a wire bypassed spring was placed under the tail plug to reduce resistance.

100_3216_zpssyp9ahra.jpg

The single XM-L2 draws 5.8 amps, the triple nichia draws 9 amps, and the triple XP-L HI draws 10 amps. All measurements were done with a fully charged Sony VTC5. User interface follows. From off, a single short click turns the light on in the last mode used, a long press turns the light on in the lowest mode, or a double click turns the light on in the highest setting. From on, press and hold ramps up. An immediate release and hold reverse ramps. A quick click from any light level turns the light off. All three lights have a 2 minute turbo timer to keep us from burning our pants down.

Prices including CONUS shipping is $45 for the single XM-L2, and $55 for the triple Nichia. The XP-L has been sold.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light of their choice.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

1pt21

Enlightened
Wow, kyfishguy I really like your taste and approach in the mods of yours I've seen (and the one I own LOL)! Been using the 1D basically everyday and love it still.

I need a way to setup an alert when you post a sales thread haha. Would've definitely scooped one of these up :twothumbs

autogiro

Enlightened
Convoy is here!
Thanks!
Auto

Just lit this thing up tonight and WOW! Great light, may be my new go to light.
Really interested in a XP-L triple built into an F6 host
Auto

Last edited: