DOA ? Klarus XT-10 Pressure Switch

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

Unless I'm missing "something" (no instructions provided) my eagerly awaited Klarus XT-10 Pressure Switch for my Klarus XT-11 Tactical Flashlight is NOT working. I made doubly sure my XT-11 Flashlight is in good working order using the original/provide rear clicky tail switch.
I simply unscrewed the "original" switch and carefully screwed into place the new XT-11 Pressure Switch (being careful NOT to twist cord/pad).
I hand tightened switch and.....NOTHING/NO results when depressing the Pressure Pad Switch, not even a "flicker" of light. Arrrrrrrr!
So CPF members, what say you, am I missing something or did I just receive a DOA Pressure Switch ?

SixCats!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Str8,

Well Sir, the "Pressure Switch" doesn't have a "Spring" per se. The inside of Switch look like this : http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/theshorelinemarket_2415_110888658
The Klaurs KT-10 Pressure Switch is designed to fit my Klarus KT-11 Tactical Flashlight. The more I think about it, I suspect this unit was NOT brand new/unopened as there was NO Instructions included with the packaging and the Switch also had a little bit of a.....smug/scuff mark on it. Ummmm.
I will let the Company know my suspicions/concerns tomorrow!

SixCats!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotcha, I should have said contact. I have a generic pressure switch for one of my cheap lights and it looks the same as your link. Either way I am curious, is the length the same for both contacts? Maybe post a pic? The reason I ask, is there isn't much to go wrong on those switches. Typically contact points are issues. Like the cap doesn't screw down all the way to make full contact with either the positive or negative, or both! ha

But yea, send her back! That is a bummer when you get it expecting it to work and this stuff happens.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Str8,

The contact appears to be the same size as spring. Yea, I'm going to just have to send the unit back and try again. I'll keep you posted.

SixCats!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

Well......I spoke with the Customer Service Dept. about the situation regarding the Pressure Switch. The Company sent me out a second Power Switch and......it did NOT work either! Arrrrrrgh! I removed the (Klarus included) 18650 Battery and instead installed two CR123 battries, re-attached the Pressure Switch and......only the "Momentary" part of the Pressure Switch SOMEWHAT worked. The circle ON/OFF part of the Pressure Switch would NOT work. Long story short, I am sending BOTH units back to company and having them credit my account. I just do not want to take a chance with an "iffy" system. I VERY much like the Klarus XT-11 Flashlight with the provided two button switch but......I decided to remove said unit from the Carbine in favor of a future purchase of (mostly likely) the Streamlight TLR-1 HR unit which will sit BELOW the barrel on a BLAM2 (Bayonet) Rail Mount. It will look something like this photo :

http://www.customdefensiveproducts.com/mm5/graphics/00000002/BLAM2_TLR2_400.jpg

I am keeping the Klarus XT-11 (about a 1000 Lums) as a HOME Flashlight as it is VERY bright and lights up my property nicely out here in the sticks of Maine. I like the fact that I can use either 18650's or CR123's.

SixCats!

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
if this would be of any help! shortly after i got my klarus XT-11 about three months ago,all modes where working,shortly after only the high mode would work! i sent klarus a e-mail and they kindly sent me a replacement switch/inside parts only,now all the modes work/like new,i think i remember reading that the XT-11 had a bad batch of switches!so send them an e-mail they will take care of you,hope this helps.;)

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
forgot to add!would i buy another klarus! anything' probably not,i wouldn't think of using one in a emergency on a gun!for that i use surefire's,but thats just me.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi blanex1,

Thanks for the "Heads up". I must admit, while I DO like the Klarus XT-11, I'm a little bit (warning pun ahead) "gun shy" of using the XT-11 on my Firearm.
The stock XT-11 with it's (newer/later design) switch (so far) works well but, seeing as the Flashlight did NOT work with TWO different NIB "Pressure Switches"
I plan to go "another way" Weapon light wise. I will use the Klarus XT-11 as a HOME (hand held) Flashlight as it is SUPER bright and lights up my property rather nicely here in the sticks of Maine. Surefire eh ? Nice but, just a bit too pricy for my budget. More than likely, I will go with the Q.D. Streamlight TLR-1 HL as a Weapon mounted light as (having done my homework, a LOT of homework) it appears to be a VERY good alternative to the Surefire lights.

Regards,
SixCats!