3 and 5 watt SEs?

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Probably, but not right now. I can't predict the future unfortunately, so can't tell ya when. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Baadbeams

Newly Enlightened
I see...I see...nope...nothing but this dusty monitor screen. Ok, ok...yea, I think in time...just a matter of consumer demand. The red might have a use in cars for brake lights and the amber...hmm...well...how about red, yellow and green in traffic lights. And of course, if there is enough request, some might make their way into flashlights.

Ken

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are made differently. You can't really fit 4 red/amber/r/o dies into one package. Secondly, most of the reds esp. the r/o make 60-90lumens at 350ma!
Thirdly, reds/amber/etc don't do well as heat increases. You really can't over-drive them like the blues to get brighter as as they get hot, their light output goes down hill very fast and they get actually dimmer.

Maybe they will create something with a larger single die, heatsinked better somehow, but I doubt it for now.

NightShift

Enlightened
Hmm, yeh i was hoping to use them to make retrofit bulbs for my car's turn signals - i wanna do this so bad. I think 1 watt is leaning a little on the inadequate side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

NightShift

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gadget_lover said:
Many of the 2004 cars are using LEDs for tail/brake lights.

The Toyota Prius is one of them.

Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, mine isn't one of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif