Who hates the Pelican M6 LED "clickie" tail cap?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Who hates the Pelican M6 LED \"clickie\" tail cap?

I know I do! First of all it's Red! But worse, it's spongy and "clicks" on/off way too easy. It really cheapens the feel of an otherwise nice 1W light.

I almost immediately installed a S/F Z49 tail cap, problem solved.

Baadbeams

Newly Enlightened
Re: Who hates the Pelican M6 LED \"clickie\" tail cap?

I have one on order...so don`t tell me that LOL. I don`t mind the red that much...but don`t like the idea of it turning on so easily. It does have a lock out doesn`t it?

Ken

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who hates the Pelican M6 LED \"clickie\" tail cap?

And people complain about stiff SF clickies... I guess no one has found a middle ground..

Yes there is a LOTC. Intersting that SF cap fits on it..

03lab

Enlightened
Re: Who hates the Pelican M6 LED

I will gladly take your hated clickies ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BigWonton

Newly Enlightened

I found my clickie to be a little soft, but I prefer that over some of the stiffer SF clickies that I have tried. I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers if you ever want to sell your Pelican clickie.

There is a lockout, but (at least on mine) it takes close to two turns before the lockout kicks in

Radagast

Enlightened

I just wish Pelican would have a 5W led instead of the 1W. I have the regular M6 and love its brightness but I don't think the M6 led can compare. Whoever wants to trade switches let me know. Mine's silver though.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Radagast said:
I just wish Pelican would have a 5W led instead of the 1W. I have the regular M6 and love its brightness but I don't think the M6 led can compare. Whoever wants to trade switches let me know. Mine's silver though.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 1 watt should have better throw than the 5, but I'll wait until mine comes in to make a decision on which I prefer. Also, I think that it's probably easier for them to get good quality 1 watters than it is to get 5 watters. Either way I'm glad they went with the LED. Now if only the sabrelites would come in so I could get my M6 and M8... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

I used to complain about the red color. Now I don't.
I used to complain about it being too stiff. Now I don't.
It's "just right". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Radagast said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Pelican is coming out with a 3-watt M6 LED within a year.

Will have better throw than most 5-watt LEDs, but less overall output.

IMO, the 3-watt has the advantage of longer LED lumen maintenance (i.e. LED life) over the 5-watt. The 5-watt on average will emit more overall light. I prefer the 3-watt personally.

JML

Enlightened

The 1W is overdriven, claimed to put out 41 lumens, as compared to the 35 most 1W makers claim for that luxeon (such as Inova's X0, which has a slightly hotter spot and much less spill). My 3W Inova X03 smokes the Pelican M6LED (which looks dim and cream-colored by comparison, and doesn't throw nearly as far), and they claim it puts out 82 lumens. If Pelican overdrives the 3W, in their reflector, it should be a very interesting light. I hope they upgrade the anodization while they're at it.

pimpmylite

Newly Enlightened

Is it going to be current regulated?
The 1W M6 LED gives very decent output for 2 to 3 hours
then it REALLY SLOWLY decline over a very long time during which I kept pondering on whether to change a new set of batteries.
Now that really sucks man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmylite said:
Is it going to be current regulated?
The 1W M6 LED gives very decent output for 2 to 3 hours
then it REALLY SLOWLY decline over a very long time during which I kept pondering on whether to change a new set of batteries.
Now that really sucks man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Indications are it will NOT be regulated.

The 3-watt M6 LED will likely be resistored, as the current 1-watt M6 LED is. Finish will be type 2 anodize. Their is a thread in one of the dealer forums discussing that Pelican is considering type 3 HA, but at this point it doesn't look like it will happen.

I hope they use the same textured reflector for optimal beam quality.

Latest posts