Peak Eiger

GODOFWAR

Banned
Please help me what should I buy the QTC model or none the QTC is their any problems with the QTC models am going to order them tomorrow after U give advice about them??

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
QTC has its ups and downs like anything else. On the up side, it allows you to get something less than full power from your light. I won't go so far as to say it's "infinitely variable" because it doesn't consistently and smoothly ramp up and down like a light with a magnetic control ring. Sometimes it can jump up or down a little bit as you're compressing or decompressing the QTC. What that means in use is that sometimes if you want a nice low output, you begin to tighten the head and all the sudden it's too bright. So then you have to loosen it a little bit and you may again go too far etc.

All that said, if you just tighten all the way you get full power just like a non-QTC model. Same with loosening. Loosen all the way and it's off. So really, it behaves just like the non-QTC if you don't need the brightness adjustment.

So what's my recommendation? Get the QTC. If you know you want a Peak light anyway and you're open possibility of having a single mode light, the QTC just gives you a little more flexibility. You can operate it as a single mode when you need it to and in situations where you want a lower mode, you have that option. The beauty of the QTC design is that it doesn't
add any mechanical or electrical complexity to the light. It has the reliability of a twisty with a modicum of adjustability.

Cheers!

-G

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob's reply is very sensible.
I received an Eiger Ultra on Saturday, which I'd bought as a present for a friend. I played with it all day and fell in love. It's a bit small for my hands, so he will be getting it. But it's beautifully made, solid and very bright, even on AAAs. It's a serious light despite the Christmas Cracker size.
You should get one. QTC or not.
P