Any potted lights out there by Olight,Fenix,Thrunite,Nitecore,etc...

LED Monkey

Enlightened
To me that would be something I would be willing to pay the bump in price to get that next level of durability, and It's not something I see at all from many of these names in the flashlight market, mostly the China made lights. I see some U.S. companies with potted electronics like Surefire with Malkoff dropins and complete Malkoff lights and Elzetta. Are there any others names out there making potted lights? And what are your thoughts between unpotted vs. potted?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
It's funny I was just looking at the E01 and a few other small AAA edc kind of lights. The E01 is rated by Fenix at a 1m impact resistance, if it is potted I would think that's quite conservative @1m ,but maybe it is I don't know myself. It seems like it would make many more lights so much better with that extra step.

And Woods Walker, are the Zebra lights potted?

herektir

Newly Enlightened
Eo1 may rate 1m impact but search for the abuse thread where it was thrown against a brick wall many times, droped from 4 or 5 story building several times, run over(parked on) by a pickup and other abuses. Far as know that abused eo1 still works today.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
It's funny I was just looking at the E01 and a few other small AAA edc kind of lights. The E01 is rated by Fenix at a 1m impact resistance, if it is potted I would think that's quite conservative @1m ,but maybe it is I don't know myself. It seems like it would make many more lights so much better with that extra step.

And Woods Walker, are the Zebra lights potted?

Zebralight claims they are or at least the newer ones. The E01 is potted per modification attempt not too long ago. Potting compound was too difficult to remove if I inderstood what was said. It is underrated IMO for the drop rating.

Last edited: